Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

New to the ST, not to forums or a focus. Currently work in the insurance business and work remotely out of Denver and Fort Lauderdale.

Can you guys help me out and let me know who owned this beauty? I am flying from Austin to Tampa tomorrow morning to pick this beast up and wanted to see if I could get a member name to find a build thread.
2014 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback In Tampa FL - Discovery Auto Center

I currently own an 07 Focus S 5Spd (Turd), gas friendly, beater. Past rides were: 07 Saturn Sky Redline (5 months and totaled), 2008 Pontiac G6 SE (Sold), 1988 IrocZ Camaro

Really looking forward to having a fun turbo car to pamper again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys does anyone have any info on this ST. I bought it, drove the 11xx miles back to Austin, TX and found out 20 minutes ago it has W/M injection kits. It didn't come with a tuner and the last thing I want to do is screw this beauty up, since i am unsure if it was tuned without it before the car was traded in or if it is still on the tune. Any info help. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
you can run methanol on a stock tune with no issues. As long as it is a 50/50 mix. It only sprays under load or what ever boost level it is setup for. You have the guardian angle which will protect your motor so not much to worry about. hopefully someone on here knows the old owner and will be able to help you out further!

Good pick up! do not be having too much fun with it!! :crazy:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really appreciate you replying Brad. The car is...the farthest from stock lol. Im just debating now on going with a Windshield Wiper fluid mixture without the deicer and dyes as a temo then getting the Boost Juice ordered. Or if I can just do the windshield fluid until I get an accessport. Safly thr car never came with one

·
Registered
371 Posts
Really appreciate you replying Brad. The car is...the farthest from stock lol. Im just debating now on going with a Windshield Wiper fluid mixture without the deicer and dyes as a temo then getting the Boost Juice ordered. Or if I can just do the windshield fluid until I get an accessport. Safly thr car never came with one

I have a supplier close by that sell 100% methanol (aka my meth dealer) then mix it with distilled water. I have heard of guys using both products you are talking about tho! It is just cooling your charge temps! I am really surprised the owner before left that stuff on! I would be interested to see what else he left! fingers crossed you have a nice upgraded rear engine mount!

You can find a used access port for around 350-400 on this forum pretty easy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a truck centerr in New Braunfels, Tx who sells the Boost Juice. When the funds come around, definitely getting an access port.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts