Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 17 ST2 Kona Blue a week ago and been lurking for a while so i figured i'd do an introduction.

Coming from a MK6 GTI with a stage 1 apr tune. The VW had a handful of quality issues with the interior and the paint as well as the clutch was slipping so i decided to get rid of it before it cost me a bit of money. Right away, i can already appreciate the shifter feel and steering response on the Ford over the VW. Hoping the domestic brand can hold up to the Florida heat a bit better than the VW did.

Trying my best to hold off on any performance mods for at least the first 5k miles on this thing, but looks at the numbers Im not seeing the night-and-day difference in power that i did with the VW so it is seeming less necessary anyway. It seems like VW under tuned their cars quite a bit more than Ford. For now i am just looking at some cosmetics like tint, floor mats, and window shades.

It does make me sad that heel-toe shifting isn't working for me in the ST so I've been looking at the pedal spacers. Breedt and Accelorator seem to be the typical product on here, but the recurring theme is that 1.5 inches is too much and .5 inches less would be ideal, so I'm thinking that's what i'll be looking around for. Open to input here.

If anyone is in the Palm Beach, FL area let me know and maybe we can meet up at the Outlets Cars and Coffee one of these days.

Cheers

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome from the Netherlands

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Hey back at ya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts