Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Been lurking a little since I picked up a new '17 ST3 after x-mas. Traded in 2 cars, including my beloved '03 Cobra I had since new. The ST is my DD now and really enjoying it!

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
A warm welcome from the Netherlands and hope you keep enjoying the car

·
Registered
407 Posts
Heat set on 85 in Florida?? haha :p
welcome!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice car. Why did you trade the Cobra?

Sent from another galaxy.
My DD Crown Vic gave up the ghost @ 265K with a cracked cylinder head. Was kind of forced to put the Cobra on the block since it had Hagerty's insurance and I wasn't driving it much. Hopefully it goes to someone who will take care of it like I did.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your ST3. I just can't see trading in a 03 Cobra to a dealer, they have such good market value, I can't see the dealer giving you much for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your ST3. I just can't see trading in a 03 Cobra to a dealer, they have such good market value, I can't see the dealer giving you much for it.
I know man. I was kind of backed into a corner...needed a car. I wound up getting 18.5K for the Cobra. If I sold it privately, I would have asked for no less then 20K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That wasn't too bad of a buy-out on the '03 Cobra, especially if it had average miles on it. Those cars are by far the best looking new-edge car and one of my top 5 favorite mustangs for sure. Congrats, and I think you should feel pretty good about the transaction. Glad to see you got a car with the CF interior package. I hope to do the same when my time comes to pick up a FoSt. There's some really good deals out there right now on '17 models.

- Allen.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I know man. I was kind of backed into a corner...needed a car. I wound up getting 18.5K for the Cobra. If I sold it privately, I would have asked for no less then 20K.
18.5k is a pretty reasonable amount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts