Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' everyone!

I'm very excited to join this forum, as I pick up my new (to me) 2016 black ST3 tomorrow!!

I've spent about a month looking at these online and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. It's such a sweet car.

I was debating between going brand new or slightly used (or between this and a Fiesta ST). I had three dealerships competing to give me the best price on a brand new Magnetic ST2, because that color is awesome, but ultimately saw a good deal arise on this one. It has less than 20k miles on it and the interior still smells and looks brand new. Black wasn't my first choice but it does look pretty mean! And for less than $20k I saved 10 grand from a dealership (MSRP on the ST3's are like $32k now?). They original owner was telling me about the break in he did when he first bought it, and used it for freeway commuting, so I know it's been taken care of.

Anyways, looking forward to being apart of this community! I've been perusing this site for a while but it's awesome to finally join.

The car is going to be a daily driver for me. I plan on taking it to 1 or 2 track days a year, probably up at Thunderhill or down to Laguna if it's a good deal. I had a stripped down and fully caged Miata I used to tow up to Thunderhill a lot but I'm back in the 1 car lifestyle. If anyone else on here frequents Nor Cal track days hit me up!

So excited for this car!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome from the East Bay! This forum has a wealth of information and is a great resource. However, most of the Bay Area owners are on Facebook. Search for norcal st⚡rs on FB. We just had a meet today at Bass Pro in SJ and then had a cruise on the back roads through Watsonville to Santa Cruz. I'll tell the admins to look out for ya!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mornin' everyone!

I'm very excited to join this forum, as I pick up my new (to me) 2016 black ST3 tomorrow!!

I've spent about a month looking at these online and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. It's such a sweet car.

I was debating between going brand new or slightly used (or between this and a Fiesta ST). I had three dealerships competing to give me the best price on a brand new Magnetic ST2, because that color is awesome, but ultimately saw a good deal arise on this one. It has less than 20k miles on it and the interior still smells and looks brand new. Black wasn't my first choice but it does look pretty mean! And for less than $20k I saved 10 grand from a dealership (MSRP on the ST3's are like $32k now?). They original owner was telling me about the break in he did when he first bought it, and used it for freeway commuting, so I know it's been taken care of.

Anyways, looking forward to being apart of this community! I've been perusing this site for a while but it's awesome to finally join.

The car is going to be a daily driver for me. I plan on taking it to 1 or 2 track days a year, probably up at Thunderhill or down to Laguna if it's a good deal. I had a stripped down and fully caged Miata I used to tow up to Thunderhill a lot but I'm back in the 1 car lifestyle. If anyone else on here frequents Nor Cal track days hit me up!

So excited for this car!
Tri-valley /easy Bay here.
Fun cars for sure.
Just did a track day last Monday at laguna. Only $230...so not too expensive.
The car needs help on the track though... Since you are not new to tracking, the brakes just are not up to it. I'm on the RS Brembos and am fried my brakes on Monday. Had to drive back with about 1"of pedal travel before the floor...
But they are fun cars Nonetheless.

CrashMW

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from the East Bay! This forum has a wealth of information and is a great resource. However, most of the Bay Area owners are on Facebook. Search for norcal st⚡rs on FB. We just had a meet today at Bass Pro in SJ and then had a cruise on the back roads through Watsonville to Santa Cruz. I'll tell the admins to look out for ya!
I will look for that FB group, thank you! I live about 10 minutes form that Bass Pro Shop. Sounds like a fun little cruise.

Tri-valley /easy Bay here.
Fun cars for sure.
Just did a track day last Monday at laguna. Only $230...so not too expensive.
The car needs help on the track though... Since you are not new to tracking, the brakes just are not up to it. I'm on the RS Brembos and am fried my brakes on Monday. Had to drive back with about 1"of pedal travel before the floor...
But they are fun cars Nonetheless.

CrashMW
Thanks! I have heard about the brakes. I plan to get an extra set of track pads to swap in for track day, with rotors, and running MBF 600 fluid or similar. Sounds like hawk DTC 60 front and blue rear will get the job done. I won't be driving full racecar, and am leaving the car stock.

And then of course once the brakes don't overheat, you can drive more aggressively and overheat the engine!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome to the forum, greetings from the Netherlands

1 - 6 of 6 Posts