Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm Allyn and the ecstatic new owner of a 2017 Kona Blue ST3 !!

Just picked it up this morning. My god I love it !! This is the first brand new car I've ever owned and I couldn't be happier.

My adventure started back in January. I got a promotion at work with a nice 20% increase in pay. I was looking to replace my 14 year old Impala LS as it was, but the raise allowed me the "NEW" car. I bought my wife a Fusion SE w/ the 2.0 Turbo for mother's day in 2013. We only have 22,000 miles on her car so it will be around for awhile. I really liked her motor and the way the car performed, so it steered me towards the ST.

I worked with the dealer I bought her car from and the experience couldn't have been easier or better. Originally I was going with the Triple Yellow, but as much as I like it I felt it would have grown old. I am so glad I decided on the Kona Blue, man what a beautiful color.

My dealer happened to get one in early march but it had the gunmetal snowflakes on it. I wanted the optional rims w/ red calipers, but I would have to wait longer. So instead I asked if they would work out a deal and get me the ford racing gloss black snowflakes. Instead of that, and cheaper for me, they sent the gunmetal rims out and had them powder-coated gloss black. They came out great.

Plans are to stay somewhat stock (Yeah, right) for awhile and just enjoy the car.

I'm sure I'll have some questions going forward. Happy to be here and time to go for a drive :big smile:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Hatchback Vehicle Car Blue Hood Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Ford motor company Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Plant Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Judging by your license plate, I'm guessing you spent time on the USS Coral Sea. I did two years on the USS Midway (CV 41). Welcome aboard shipmate.
Yes I did. 85 to 89, then over to the USS Milwaukee (AOR-2) for a couple years before finishing up with teaching at Great Lakes. Nice to see when people recognize those hull numbers. Thank you for the welcome :)

Reactions: Cowlynz and BluGnat

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the madness! Wasn't in the military, but will always remember the drunk, rowdy guys that sponsored my little league team, AE-29, USS Mt. Hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts