Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't typically do much with forums besides read, so here goes. I'm a 35 year old millwright from bonaire, ga. I've been building cars, turning wrenches, and drag racing all my life. I come from primarily tube chassis nitrous drag cars, but have stepped over into alky, forced induction, and fuel injection in the past 5 or so years.
All that said, I decided on the st for its overall balance, flexibility, and value out of the box. I'll spend the warranty period learning the platform's strengths and weaknesses and do minor tweaks along the way. After that, I'll go for broke on a build.
I just rolled over 1700 miles put in a green filter and did my break in oil change, switching to the 400s filter (which doesn't hang as low as others would make you think). The only real "mod" thus far is a jbr shift arm(which is absolutely incredible). I also pulled the butterfly out of the sound symposer to gain some sound while I try to figure out why exhaust I want.(coming from my background, it's hard to love the sound of most 4 cylinders)
Well that's about it. I'll be around and share some stuff as I go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and how did you like the sound after you removed that butterfly?
I personally like it. Has an almost Suburu tone to it. It's a free 20 minute reversable mod to add some much needed sound until I figure out the exhaust. I'll see how they sound together, but I have a feeling I'll delete it since it forms sound from intake pulses which occur 180 degrees after the exhaust pulse, but then another 540 degrees before it's generated on that cylinder again, causing an unbalanced somewhat out of sync combined sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts