Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new member to the forum here.

I have a Blue Metallic 2018 ST, bought it July 18, 2018 off the showroom floor! I've been making small modifications here and there, still relatively new to modifying cars, since everything else I've owned wasn't worth it, so I'm definitely hyped to be on the forums and hear from other owners!

So far the car has:

H&R lowering springs
VelossaTech Big Mouth Intake
Turbosmart BOV
ESR CS2 wheels
COBB OTS Stage 1 tune (new tune coming)
RS Spoiler
RS Bumper
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,600 Posts
Welcome And nice ride!

Also, make sure you upgrade your intercooler at least, before spending the money on a better tune! The single most important Upgrade you will do to the car.

Have a look around, there's tons of great info Here.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST Magnetic Metallic
86 Posts
Welcome!

If I see you around, I'll wave!
Good color choice too! I like the blue and magnetic metallics. If you need a good body shop to spray/color match anything, let me know.

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome And nice ride!

Also, make sure you upgrade your intercooler at least, before spending the money on a better tune! The single most important Upgrade you will do to the car.

Have a look around, there's tons of great info Here.
absolutely plan on getting an upgraded FMIC, just haven’t had the time/money to do so, also can’t decide which to get
Welcome! Nice whip! Are you planning on wrapping or painting the car down the road?
I do plan to have the bumper painted or wrapped, and will be wrapping the car later down the road.
Welcome!

If I see you around, I'll wave!
Good color choice too! I like the blue and magnetic metallics. If you need a good body shop to spray/color match anything, let me know.

Jeff
that would be awesome! Please do let me know. I’ve spoken to a few already but the prices are… higher than I expected.

·
Registered
86 Posts
@Bbytrbo

I used National Body Works for some paint-less dent repair on my driver side rear door (someone dinged me at home Depot....) that was cool to see them do from inside the door and you literally can't tell. Also they repaired the small section right in front of the wing when a branch fell on it and dented it. Looks brand new. Painless dent was like $75 and the body panel was maybe $200-$300 for a full sand and spray.

I asked about a full bumper repair and spray in the future (Chicago has terrible parallel parkers and will ding you). He said around $600 for that. Not sure for an already primed piece without much prep though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just make sure if you do decide to get any body work and paint done, don't wash it, wrap it, or apply stickers for like a month. It needs to off gas and set the paint properly. 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Bbytrbo

I used National Body Works for some paint-less dent repair on my driver side rear door (someone dinged me at home Depot....) that was cool to see them do from inside the door and you literally can't tell. Also they repaired the small section right in front of the wing when a branch fell on it and dented it. Looks brand new. Painless dent was like $75 and the body panel was maybe $200-$300 for a full sand and spray.

I asked about a full bumper repair and spray in the future (Chicago has terrible parallel parkers and will ding you). He said around $600 for that. Not sure for an already primed piece without much prep though.

my only issue is the fact that I have an aftermarket bumper. Which means it fits terribly, so it needs a little work in order to fit properly. I was quoted a quite a bit more than originally just for the body work to be done properly.
I’ll check them out and see what they say though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts