Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Massive Trapped Oil Control System's family tree has just grown a wee bit taller with the introduction of our NEW Ecoboost kit!!!

Will fit all Front Wheel Drive 2.0 and 2.3 Ecoboost applications, as well as some NA 2.5 applications.

Here's a little bit about our line of oil pan baffles:

Under hard driving situations, in particular road racing, circle track and auto crossing, oil will tend to “slosh” to one end of the pan. If this happens to be the side opposite the oil pickup, your engine will be starved of its lubricant!!! Prevent this costly, time consuming tragedy with Massive’s “Trapped” oil control system!!! Precisely calculated oiling paths allow proper draining of oil while maintaining an effective level. Constructed of all aluminum to conserve weight, right here in the USA! NEW Version 2.0 features greater accuracy, lighter weight, superior availability and the anodized finish allows oil to drain back to pickup faster vs absorbing into the aluminum substrate. Installs with basic hand tools in about 1.5 hours. This is our PRO kit - We've grouped together 2 great mods that make sense to be done together, as dropping the stock pan is the most difficult part of either's install. Includes the Massive Speed Balance Shaft Delete Kit. Add some power AND some piece of mind - AND save over $15 versus their regular prices!!! Baffle MUST be used with BSD.

Part number: MAEN'10762.1 PRO

[highlight]Just $95.35!!![/highlight]

Find it Here

Fitment:

2013-2016 Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost Turbo
2013-2016 Ford Escape Ecoboost 2.0 Turbo 2.5 NA
2013-2015 Ford Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
2013-2016 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost Turbo 2.5 NA
2015-2016 Lincoln MKC 2.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost Turbo

· Registered
812 Posts
The Massive Trapped Oil Control System's family tree has just grown a wee bit taller with the introduction of our NEW Ecoboost kit!!!

Will fit all Front Wheel Drive 2.0 and 2.3 Ecoboost applications, as well as some NA 2.5 applications.

Here's a little bit about our line of oil pan baffles:

Under hard driving situations, in particular road racing, circle track and auto crossing, oil will tend to “slosh” to one end of the pan. If this happens to be the side opposite the oil pickup, your engine will be starved of its lubricant!!! Prevent this costly, time consuming tragedy with Massive’s “Trapped” oil control system!!! Precisely calculated oiling paths allow proper draining of oil while maintaining an effective level. Constructed of all aluminum to conserve weight, right here in the USA! NEW Version 2.0 features greater accuracy, lighter weight, superior availability and the anodized finish allows oil to drain back to pickup faster vs absorbing into the aluminum substrate. Installs with basic hand tools in about 1.5 hours. This is our PRO kit - We've grouped together 2 great mods that make sense to be done together, as dropping the stock pan is the most difficult part of either's install. Includes the Massive Speed Balance Shaft Delete Kit. Add some power AND some piece of mind - AND save over $15 versus their regular prices!!! Baffle MUST be used with BSD.

Part number: MAEN'10762.1 PRO

Just $95.35!!!

Find it Here

Fitment:

2013-2016 Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost Turbo
2013-2016 Ford Escape Ecoboost 2.0 Turbo 2.5 NA
2013-2015 Ford Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
2013-2016 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost Turbo 2.5 NA
2015-2016 Lincoln MKC 2.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost Turbo
Looking very forward to purchasing this! Are there any negative effects from removing the balance shaft on a DD?

Sent using FocusST.org app

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have been making balance shaft deletes for the Duratec engine (which is what the 2.0 Ecoboost is) for 10 years. Sold somewhere in the 4 figures worldwide. It has never been an issue. The balance shaft is purely there to make for a smoother rev / engine feel. Has ZERO to do with the actual engines rotating balance.

Anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Again, we have sold 1000's of this identical BSD. So yes, we have tested them on everything from otherwise stone stock 04 ZX3 with a 2.3 Duratec, to full race turbo, to 300+ WHP NA 15:0:1 Methanol 2.5 Sprint cars, to bolt on 2013 ST's and everything in between. Many with stock motor mounts, plenty with poly mounts all around. It's barely noticeable to most.

The AC compressor does need to be unbolted. Not hard. You defintitely dont need to cut the belt... LOL!!! Who the heck did that I wonder?? The belt for the AC is a new stretch type belt. Comes off and actually can be kinda put back on and then use the AC compressor mount bolts to pull it back tight and not really even mess with having to put it on seperately.

· Registered
770 Posts
Again, we have sold 1000's of this identical BSD. So yes, we have tested them on everything from otherwise stone stock 04 ZX3 with a 2.3 Duratec, to full race turbo, to 300+ WHP NA 15:0:1 Methanol 2.5 Sprint cars, to bolt on 2013 ST's and everything in between. Many with stock motor mounts, plenty with poly mounts all around. It's barely noticeable to most.

The AC compressor does need to be unbolted. Not hard. You defintitely dont need to cut the belt... LOL!!! Who the heck did that I wonder?? The belt for the AC is a new stretch type belt. Comes off and actually can be kinda put back on and then use the AC compressor mount bolts to pull it back tight and not really even mess with having to put it on seperately.
Thanks for the info. My main concern is increased NVH with all aftermarket mounts, like I have. How much more oil you able to run?

· Registered
484 Posts
Wish this was around when I did my BSD. It was kind of a pain to do. Had to loosen the bolts on the trans. to get the oil pan off. Just loosen the compressor and set to the side, definitely don't cut the belt. There are ABSOLUTELY no increases in nvh (I was running a CPE RMM and TTR PSMM at the time of install). I may still look into this. Just a little info, if you do the BSD, it will take another 1qt of oil. Exactly 7qts if you use the 400s filter.

· Registered
784 Posts
Let me know how the install goes. I'm ordering mine tomorrow I think. If not sometime next week.
Will do. Apologize for not getting back to you last week, there was an incident on pad and one of our line bosses got hurt pretty good. Damn near got killed honestly; 9000k psi of fluid shooting out a 4" hose will put a mean hurting on a man if not cut him in half literally.
Probably won't get to any installs until this following weekend as I will be off through Monday. I'll get with you then.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.