Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I've been using Focusst.org as my go to for a lot of questions I've had about my car - I probably should have joined right when I picked the car up -- but the forums have helped me in some of the decisions I've taken, I'm glad to be here.

Currently based in Oakland, CA

I bought a barely driven stock 2013 TS-ST3 in December. The previous owner put ~2500 miles/year on the car.
It is practically new. However, I realize there are improvements new models have that my car doesn't.

Rear view camera would be great, living in the city, I have to get out to gauge how close I am when parallel parking, a bit of a PITA.
Larger brakes in the '14.5 year + models
Sync 3 - sigh MFT isn't amazing but it does the job
Smaller turning radius

As a side note, Car has been recently lightly modded:
Driver Mod
Focus Racing CAI
Stratified 91 Stage 1 tune w/AP
Cobb RMM
Cobb Shift Plate

Glad to be here - look forward to getting to know you all.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey,

I've been using Focusst.org as my go to for a lot of questions I've had about my car - I probably should have joined right when I picked the car up -- but the forums have helped me in some of the decisions I've taken, I'm glad to be here.

I bought a barely driven stock 2013 TS-ST3 in December. The previous owner put ~2500 miles/year on the car.
It is practically new. However, I realize there are improvements new models have that my car doesn't.

Rear view camera would be great, living in the city, I have to get out to gauge how close I am when parallel parking, a bit of a PITA.
Smaller turning radius

Driver Mod
Focus Racing CAI
Cobb RMM
Cobb Shift Plate

Welcome! Sounds like you did good buying used.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Hey,

Smaller turning radius

Driver Mod
Focus Racing CAI
Cobb RMM
Cobb Shift Plate

The larger brakes were added so that they could use a less aggressive pad material as the original pads released a lot of black dust that dirtied up the wheels. The smaller discs with the aggressive pads stop just as well or better than the larger brakes. Now, if you were to use the larger discs with the aggressive pad material you would have some nice grippy brakes.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome from the Netherlands

1 - 6 of 6 Posts