Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new-ish. I've had my ST since April and I've been creeping on the forum this whole time.

Two things:
One, I just installed mountune's FB2 kit this weekend. That's their component kit that includes an air filter, roll restrictor, cbv, and AP3 with their tune. I also put in a set of step colder spark plugs. The car runs great! Decent gains from the tune and from the bolt ons, I'm sure. But that roll restrictor is MONEY!

Secondly, who is in AZ? I'd like start kicking around with some other ST people from time to time. You know, like participate in meets and drives and such. I live in Tucson but I work up at the Grand Canyon, so I'm all over the state all the time.

Anyways, glad to be here. Thanks, guy!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The roll restrictor? U mean the rear motor mount? Just curious, I'm new here as well and looking for all info I can get lol
James

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
The roll restrictor? U mean the rear motor mount? Just curious, I'm new here as well and looking for all info I can get lol
James

Yep Mountune calls their RMM a roll restrictor, and it's the most necessary mod on the ST.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It makes sense though. As with most transverse mounted engines, there is an engine mount, a transmission mount and one or two roll stops. In our case it's reasonable to call it either a rear mount or a roll restrictor. That point aside, it's an awesome and inexpensive upgrade. Major bang-for-buck!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Check out the AZ ST group on Facebook. 500 members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Does it make any more nvh? Do you know the durometer of the polyurethane in the mount?

Not sure of the durometer. You will experience a little more nvh, but it will be most noticeable when running the A/C. Even then, it won't be all that much. And after about 500-1000-ish miles, it'll be a bit less.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it!

Also FWIW. The Mountune roll restrictor/RMM is also considered to be one of the lesser aggressive mounts out there. So I believe the durometer would have to be of the softer varieties. I like mine quite a bit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Also FWIW. The Mountune roll restrictor/RMM is also considered to be one of the lesser aggressive mounts out there. So I believe the durometer would have to be of the softer varieties. I like mine quite a bit.
Cool, there's so many options LOL its hard to choose, I ve heard some are so bad that the nvh is ridiculous, I like a more solid mount, but seems like some are to stiff...what I don't like is the amount of chassis flex there is...

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Does it make any more nvh? Do you know the durometer of the polyurethane in the mount?

What he^ said. And what helped me decide is a forum member who tried a lot of mounts and said the mountune hooks just as well as the ones w/ more NVH such as the CPe. Just read thru the main RMM thread and you'll find that and info on all the mounts. I also recommend front+rear traction bars from TB performance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What he^ said. And what helped me decide is a forum member who tried a lot of mounts and said the mountune hooks just as well as the ones w/ more NVH such as the CPe. Just read thru the main RMM thread and you'll find that and info on all the mounts. I also recommend front+rear traction bars from TB performance.
Ive seen the front traction bar, is there a rear.? Ive seen one that bolts on top of rear shock tower....guess I'm looking into mountune...what does anyone think of brisk racing plugs? The. Premium lgs or evo looks like sweet majic ina spark plug... briskracing.com...they say especially for boosted cars...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in the Phoenix area. Just requested to join the Facebook page listed above. Would love to get a meet set up.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Ive seen the front traction bar, is there a rear.? Ive seen one that bolts on top of rear shock tower....guess I'm looking into mountune...what does anyone think of brisk racing plugs? The. Premium lgs or evo looks like sweet majic ina spark plug... briskracing.com...they say especially for boosted cars...

Here's a link to the rear traction bar:
http://tbperformanceproducts.com/Pr...ar-Traction-Bar™/p/77034527/category=21924901

I ran just the front traction bar w/ Mountune RMM for about 6 months before adding the rear traction bar which I've had on for a couple months. I didn't realize I had lost a bit of the easy oversteer the ST had after adding the front bar, I was just happy with way less wheel hop. The rear traction bar balanced things out, and now it noses-in more easily again. Also when taking turns at higher speed the back end is more planted and "predictable."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts