Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought My 13 st2 last Thursday so far everything is great, with the exception of the factory sony stereo. but I'm a mobile electronics Technician so I can fix that. any easy mods that don't require a lot of money?

·
Administrator
11,866 Posts
Just bought My 13 st2 last Thursday so far everything is great, with the exception of the factory sony stereo. but I'm a mobile electronics Technician so I can fix that. any easy mods that don't require a lot of money?
Welcome aboard!

The St2 and 3 "head unit" is directly connected to several other functions, so there is some things to take note of before upgrading certain things.

There are a few threads on it. Maybe even a sticky iirc.

We have a site specific google search bar at the bottom of each page, it's the best way to find the information you are looking for.

There are few questions that have not been answered, but I can see someone in your field supplying some well welcomed ideas and information.

Easiest way to bump volume of the sony system was the "AA" coded amp swap. Which I had to do to hear my music over my obnoxiously modded "racecar" lol.

As far as appealing to true audiophiles, it has it's caveats in the definition department. Im just happy to hear my music over my car, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mind the head unit at at all just the sound lol. but it's nothing a sound processor an amp and some speakers can't fix. on a different note, anything I should look for with higher mileage, the car has 75k miles on it.

·
Administrator
11,866 Posts
I don't mind the head unit at at all just the sound lol. but it's nothing a sound processor an amp and some speakers can't fix. on a different note, anything I should look for with higher mileage, the car has 75k miles on it.
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...u-upgrade-you-2014-s-stereo-avoid-damage.html

Well, at that mileage, I would consider getting the valves cleaned. I would replace and gap a new set of plugs (our car is hard on plugs). Check/replace your cabin air filter, and your engine air filter. Then there's the standard stuff. Brakes, tires etc to be checked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome aboard man, i'm in tucson too. Like duece said check the gap on your plugs, other than that i feel like this car is super reliable. Im quickly closing in on 90k

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We live in Prescott. Since your in Tucson you might want to look into a better , larger intercooler. Especially if you run it up one in awhile. OEM cooler is a bread box and you will just heat soak the motor in Tucsons 100+ summer temps. Have fun. There is this of good information on here ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts