1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was honestly impressed with my veloster (not for power) but the handling and looks; interior and exterior. This kinda remind me of a GTI lol. I'm interested to see how its going to be.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Nice car and comes with a 100000 mile warranty lol. "Unfortunately, the i30 N isn't coming to the US, so American's still have to choose a GTI. The first N model for the US will be introduced in 2018" perfect timing for me.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Prius you posted there OP
A prius that will compete with a stage 3 st. I get the hate though, but besides some more aggressive looking seats I think this thing is a 10/10 on equipment and 8/10 on looks for available hot hatches.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I did not see a guess as to what the price might be? It is not too bad looking, but I'm not pitching a tent over it either.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I will jump on the hype train! I am always mulling over what my next car might be even though it is years down the road. This will be a top contender for me. This has pretty much everything I want! I will probably be looking around 2020 for a new car so this will hopefully be a few years into production. I honestly like Hyundai's and this hatch looks awesome! I wonder what the aftermarket scene will be like for this?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
A prius that will compete with a stage 3 st. I get the hate though, but besides some more aggressive looking seats I think this thing is a 10/10 on equipment and 8/10 on looks for available hot hatches.
I think it is ugly and lacking edge, but I agree on the equipment being top notch. It'll be expensive for that reason unless they skimp something else they aren't telling us about.

Oh, and it won't compete with a Stage 3 ST...lol a Stage 3 ST has 300 crank horsepower to this things 271 crank hp.

It will, however, compete with a Stage 1 tuned Focus ST.

Mod for mod though it's going to wreck us though straight up and probably stock for stock have much better traction abilities. This translates to an easier to drive car and that alone could make the difference in a head to head.

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Isn't the new MS3 due out next year? Things could get really interesting really quickly!
I think the MS3 is still several years out...around 2020 or so. Then of course there are the Supra rumors...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it is ugly and lacking edge, but I agree on the equipment being top notch. It'll be expensive for that reason unless they skimp something else they aren't telling us about.

Oh, and it won't compete with a Stage 3 ST...lol a Stage 3 ST has 300 crank horsepower to this things 271 crank hp.

It will, however, compete with a Stage 1 tuned Focus ST.

Mod for mod though it's going to wreck us though straight up and probably stock for stock have much better traction abilities. This translates to an easier to drive car and that alone could make the difference in a head to head.
I sorta like a car that's lacking edge if I'm planning on speeding in it lol. Doesn't stick out as quickly, so that's part of what I like about the styling, either way nbd. Hopefully it is priced somewhere close to where the ST is. Part of the reason I am excited about this is for it to help push Ford into developing a better ST. The more competition in this category the better for every customer regardless of what brand they drive. Something which I think you would agree with based on other convo's.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I sorta like a car that's lacking edge if I'm planning on speeding in it lol. Doesn't stick out as quickly, so that's part of what I like about the styling, either way nbd. Hopefully it is priced somewhere close to where the ST is. Part of the reason I am excited about this is for it to help push Ford into developing a better ST. The more competition in this category the better for every customer regardless of what brand they drive. Something which I think you would agree with based on other convo's.
Indeed it would, Ford is a powerhouse for a reason, and knowing them they will look strongly at the market further if more hot hatches come out. Reason being, the more hot hatches...the more people start noticing and becoming interested in them. When this is released, and the new MS3 is released, and the previously released MK7 GTI, the Focus ST is now becoming instantly obsolete in power, tech, traction, etc.

Ford wants to reap the benefits of a rising car market? Improve the ST and market it harder. Release an ST with an LSD, a slightly larger turbo @ ~280hp crank, and a nice re-facelift look to it and it's nothing but a bankroll coming their way. Given the current pace of all the competition vehicles, the prices of them will adjust down slightly and make all those things more feasible in the ST without a price hike.

I can't agree with the lack of edge on the Hyundai though, I'm a sucker for cars that look mean. If it looks boring and non-aggressive, it doesn't look impressive. I want to impress people.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can't agree with the lack of edge on the Hyundai though, I'm a sucker for cars that look mean. If it looks boring and non-aggressive, it doesn't look impressive. I want to impress people.
I agree. If I do not care for a cars looks, I would never own it. Period. All I hear about is how much fun to drive a Miata and the BRZ-FRS are. And I will never consider one because I just don't care for the looks. Certainly my loss. Not bagging on these cars. Just my own personal opinion.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'd really like to see other color options. I think it will look good, but that blue is the ugliest color i've seen on a sporty car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I agree. If I do not care for a cars looks, I would never own it. Period. All I hear about is how much fun to drive a Miata and the BRZ-FRS are. And I will never consider one because I just don't care for the looks. Certainly my loss. Not bagging on these cars. Just my own personal opinion.
Civic Type-R is released, it's a track and handling monster, looks ugly as ____. Verdict = would never own it.

Same with this car, only not as bad.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts