Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,095 Posts
Welcome! And congrats!
Tons of great info here, use Google search as it is better than the sites search feature.
ex: site: focusst.org intercooler

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome! List of mods to my car!
Intercooler
Boomba bov
Stage 1 and 2 catch can system
Green filter stock air box
Big mouth intake snorkel
Rear motor mount
Catless downpipe
Mbrp catback exhaust
And that's all I know of for now I have yet to check the spark plugs but will be soon!

· Registered
358 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome! List of mods to my car!
Intercooler
Boomba bov
Stage 1 and 2 catch can system
Green filter stock air box
Big mouth intake snorkel
Rear motor mount
Catless downpipe
Mbrp catback exhaust
And that's all I know of for now I have yet to check the spark plugs but will be soon!
Sounds like you're ready for a tune!

Reactions: 16konafocusst

· Registered
358 Posts
I am for sure I'm just waiting to get my funds up after having to buy a new set of tires for the car! I'm thinking either stratified 93 tune or monster adaptx tune!
Highly recommend AdaptX. One thing I would say is if there's any chance you might want it in the future get the E30 option when you get the tune, you'll save a lot of $$$ over getting it separately

Reactions: Oldandintheway

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Highly recommend AdaptX. One thing I would say is if there's any chance you might want it in the future get the E30 option when you get the tune, you'll save a lot of $$$ over getting it separately
The more I look at reviews on adapt x, the more i feel like that's the tune I'm gonna go with. I would love an e30 tune, but sadly the closest station with e85 near me is about an hour away, so looks like I'm stuck with 93!

· Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,620 Posts
The more I look at reviews on adapt x, the more i feel like that's the tune I'm gonna go with. I would love an e30 tune, but sadly the closest station with e85 near me is about an hour away, so looks like I'm stuck with 93!
At least you can get 93. Best I can do here in Denver is 91, and it definitely hinders power production, especially in the hot months of summer.

Congrats on the new to you ST. These cars are a ton of fun.

· Premium Member
2018 FoST
170 Posts
Welcome! Got pics? I love my stratified tune! I have a 91/e30 combo. Both tunes are awesome. On the 91 tune, its like a pitbull. On the E30, its like a rabid pitbull on steroids. Wish we had 93 here in Communist California..

· Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,095 Posts
I am for sure I'm just waiting to get my funds up after having to buy a new set of tires for the car! I'm thinking either stratified 93 tune or monster adaptx tune!
I have both the Stratified 91/93 tune and the Adapt-X.
The Strat tune is too aggressive for a DD in my opinion. Fun, yes, but not practical .
the Adapt-X drive like OEM but better. Then gets alive when WOT.
I’ve switched back and forth a few times. The Adapt-X is way more refined and better all around. Not ti knock the Strat tune, but it’s OTS and was inexpensive.
I have not tried a full blown custom tune (yet) but that is another thing all together, mostly if you are going big turbo. Which I may do one of these days.
So, for stock turbos with all the bolt one, Adapt-X is the way to go. Once you go big turbo you are looking at a pro tune.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At least you can get 93. Best I can do here in Denver is 91, and it definitely hinders power production, especially in the hot months of summer.

Congrats on the new to you ST. These cars are a ton of fun.
Yeah we have 93 all around here I just hate there's no e85 but I can't complain to much as some people don't even have 93! Thank you im definitely loving it, it's a ton of fun!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome! Got pics? I love my stratified tune! I have a 91/e30 combo. Both tunes are awesome. On the 91 tune, its like a pitbull. On the E30, its like a rabid pitbull on steroids. Wish we had 93 here in Communist California..
Thanks! Yeah I'll post some here as soon as I can! I’m definitely excited to get my 93 tune as soon as I can!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Strat tune is too aggressive for a DD in my opinion. Fun, yes, but not practical .
I’ve switched back and forth a few times. The Adapt-X is way more refined and better all around. Not ti knock the Strat tune, but it’s OTS and was inexpensive.
I have not tried a full blown custom tune (yet) but that is another thing all together, mostly if you are going big turbo. Which I may do one of these days.
So, for stock turbos with all the bolt one, Adapt-X is the way to go. Once you go big turbo you are looking at a pro tune.
Thank you for this! Ive been going back and forth on them, but seeing as mostly all I do is 35mph city driving with the occasional pull, I think the adapt x is probably the tune for me!

· Registered
2013 ST3, Adapt-X 93/E30, CP-e FMIC, CP-e Exhale Kit w/ HKS BOV, Whoosh Race RMM
86 Posts
Welcome! I’ve been a member for a couple months now and have been welcomed with open arms and COVERED in information and assistance.

These folks rock, welcome to the club!

· Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,706 Posts
Did you get the linear option with traction control from Strat?
I got 91, 93, E30, low boost, etc. with those options and love it! Much better than Cobb OTS that really is aggressive.
No desire to bother with another tune for me.

I just can't go for reflashing to change fuels. Like what happens if you're away from home and your AP3 gets broken, lost, stolen... Not to mention the possibly of the battery dying and bricking the ECU.

Pick your poison, to each their own though😊👍

1 - 20 of 24 Posts