Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 2016 ST love it. Here to ask if anyone has had luck with performance parts like exhausts and suspension cold air and other upgrades such as tunes and transmissions axle upgrades. Live close to Calgary and Edmonton Albert. Wanted to know if there are any parts stores nearby. Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey i have a 2016 ST love it. Here to ask if anyone has had luck with performance parts like exhausts and suspension cold air and other upgrades such as tunes and transmissions axle upgrades. Live close to Calgary and Edmonton Albert. Wanted to know if there are any parts stores nearby. Thanks.
Stock intake and exhaust are great on this car. No real need to upgrade aside from sound. The main power upgrades people do are high flow filter, downpipe, intercooler, and tune. Tune is necessary to get the power out of your upgrades.

Read around here for more.

edit: Upgrade intercooler for more consistent power.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Stock intake and exhaust are great on this car. No real need to upgrade aside from sound. The main power upgrades people do are high flow filter, downpipe, intercooler, and tune. Tune is necessary to get the power out of your upgrades.

Read around here for more.

edit: Upgrade intercooler for more consistent power.
:whs: Aside from the things he listed, an upgraded Rear Motor Mount helps a lot for wheel hop issues. Everything he listed together with a good tune from a good company has the potential to get you 35-45+ horsepower and in my experience over 100 more ft/lb of torque.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The stock exhaust in this car is not great. Unless you enjoy the induction noise from the Sound Symposer. get a catback or catless exhaust and unclip the SS and the car will sound a lot better. Also getting an intake without the cover will add a lot of turbo sound which sounds awesome. I've got intake and 3" MBRP Cbe and I will be getting a Stage 1 Stratified Tune in a couple weeks. I'm very excited!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
The stock exhaust in this car is not great. Unless you enjoy the induction noise from the Sound Symposer. get a catback or catless exhaust and unclip the SS and the car will sound a lot better. Also getting an intake without the cover will add a lot of turbo sound which sounds awesome. I've got intake and 3" MBRP Cbe and I will be getting a Stage 1 Stratified Tune in a couple weeks. I'm very excited!!
These things are only for sound though (other than the tune) so it depends what the OP wants. If he wants performance and wants to see more power, these mods do nothing. However if he wants noise then these mods are great.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
You're going to need a bigger hamster...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking I'll go the Cobb acsses port with a new air intake and new rear motor mount and if an exhaust isn't gonna give me more power then idk if I'll do that I wouldn't mind if it was a little louder.

Sorry it's been a while.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Exhaust is a waste of money unless you wanna change the sound of it, A downpipe though would be much help.

I just installed these parts the last 2 weeks, boomba rmm, plm catless downpipe, depo racing intercooler and air intake pipe with a k&n filter and cobb ap, runs great

·
Registered
150 Posts
Btw if you do a turbo upgrade then yes, the exhaust is worth it, i needed to through that out there before some of these guys get their panties in a wad, oh, dont forget a ram air intake, built mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts