Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just registered on focusst.org, this forum is great and I've already found tons of useful threads so far.

Bought a 7 months old 2015 Tangerine Scream ST last april, loving it so far. Except for those winter snowstorm days (missing the '10 Sti) it's truly a fun car to drive (even more so with FRPP tune) and handling is great from the factory which is awesome!

Already have a few items on the modlist so far:

- FRPP tune with intake snorkle and K&N filter;
- Rallyarmor mudflaps;
- Weathertech digital fit floormats and trunk mat;
- Weathertech side window deflectors;
- Perrin shorty antenna;
- Rhino Rack roof bars (for thule bike carriers in the summer);
- Laminix rear reflector covers (smoke) and 3rd brake light cover (red);
- Non name aluminum dead pedal;
- Redline goods shifter and e-brake leather boots;
- Redline tuning Hood struts;
- Maxxton design front splitter;
- Mountune intake and induction hose;
- Mountune strutbar;
- Mountune diverter valve;
- FS Werks short shifter and shifter bushings;
- FS works lower tie bar;
- Hotchkis rear swaybar;
- Philips LED fog light bulbs.

Looking at Todd's TCEperformance FNSL6 caliper kit with volvo rotors and rear frankenbrakes next! This should be one of the last mods until waranty is over with...hopefully!

Thank for all the useful information and for this great forum!

Barroux

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Recently installed:
Boomba racing short shifter;
Boomba racing shifter base bushings;
Boomba racing weighted shift knob;
Focus RS engine cover;
Focus RS air intake cover;

Installing rear frankenbrake and TCE front caliper kit with S80 rotors next Sunday! Waiting for new Redline shiftboot to go along with the Boomba short shifter (has way too much extra material now)!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TCE front caliper kit with S80 rotors and rear frankenbrake upgrade installed!

Got my shorter redline shifter boot in the mail yesterday!

Mods are done for this summer! Time to move on to other stuff!

Looking at upgrading the intercooler next summer though!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I though I was done until next summer, but a few items got my attention last fall:
-Spec-D LED tails (red lense);
-Euro cup holder;
-Garageline gas pedal spacer (thought I listed that one already but could not find it);

Also got my hand on a full set of Focus RS winter package (wheels, TPMS and tires) which replaced my previous winter setup. Almost too nice for winter! Initially thought they would become my summer wheels but then found out they are narrower, so winter wheels they remained!

Coming up next summer:
-Sync 3 APIM/Screen upgrade;
-Intercooler upgrade;
-Mountune clubsport suspension (or equivalent).

Thanks for all the help I found so far on this forums, makes thinks like the caliper kit, euro cup holders or Sync 3 upgrade much easier!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey man whats up! Nice to see a local :) I hope you have some fun with the build, it would be awesome to do a meet up with some of the other members in MTL and see what is what. I currently have a Borla exhaust installed with a COBB tune, soon to be adding in my downpipe - it would be fun to do a drive!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi @LuxuryAutoSpa sorry I never really meet with other guys for car events, I do this mostly with friends and family going on motorcycle rides in the summer, I like the forums for all the info they provide (thanks again focusst.org btw) but dont really feel the need to meet up! There are however more and more STs in the area its nice to see them almost everyday on the road!

Funny how everytime you buy a car you tend to notice all the other ones on the road more than ever before! Maybe you're even one of those I saw over the past 2 years owning my ST!

Dont know about you but with all that snow we're getting this year I'm starting to get the RS buzz again!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Started shopping for an RS this week-end, been fighting for 2 years trying to resist but I now feel I have lost the battle! Need to be patient and find the right one! Most of them on the market are Nitrous Blue but I'd like the RS to be less noticed than my ST which is TS!

Will start pulling parts off the car as it will be traded for the RS when I find the right one! Wilwood caliper kit is already off the car for winter...will be posting this up when I have some time to take pictures that comply with the forum rules! Just hope I wont be missing the ST too much (I get nostalgic about my cars, still miss every one of those I owned so far, each for their own specific reasons), it's a great car, just missing the awd which is so much fun in our climate!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Traded the ST for a 2016 Frozen White RS with low mileage. Will have to take it to the dealer for the head gasket recall but I guess it's part of owning an RS!

Took some pictures today of those parts I have for sale, look up the classified section of the forum for what's left:
- Wilwood caliper kit and volvo rotors;
- Rear frankenbrakes and volvo rotors;
- Rear swaybar;
- Mountune intake tube & elbow + Focus RS airbox;
- Hood struts.

Thanks all for the great info found on this forum, I'll come back one in a while since many threads are also applicable to the RS. Registered to the focusrs.org site last week. Wish both forums were joined somehow, those cars are so close to each other!

Here's a picture of the ST next to the RS the day I picked it up!

View attachment 315041

View attachment 315049

·
Registered
731 Posts
A warm welcome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts