Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Stealth Grey ST3 TDCi
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i bought this radio from Phoenix radios
10-4-Vertical-Screen-1024-768-Android-Car-DVD-GPS-Navigation-Radio-Player-for-Ford-Focus.jpg

but it's not compatible as told by the seller!
BUt i want it, it's wondeful... please help me and forgive me for my absence on this great forum.

My problem is how to connect rearcamera and steering wheel controls; i found on a mk3 of 2014 that the input cable of this radio fit on the original cable of the lcd, but my cable is so different and bigger than it! So i need a adapter but i don't now where find it.

Thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't want to sound negative but you're probably going to be the first person to do this and if you don't have the knowhow, you're probably better off paying a professional to do it or just using the verified aftermarket options out there. If you have a ST3, you may lose functionality by ditching the stock headunit as well. Either way, it sounds like the wiring harnesses are different and without an adapter (which probably doesn't exist), you're looking at either making your own adapter or splicing the cables together.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From their website - "This Android Navigation Radio Can Be Installed in 2011-2017 Ford Focus. However, the touch control of A/C only works with auto A/C.
No satellite radio and voice control at the moment. Please contact us if you have questions."
in fact i'm messaging with them but my problem is steering wheel command and rear camera; i tried with headunit on focus 2014 and my st3 2015... on sync1 of 2014 the cable that contains video and wheel controls it's the cable connected on display (and it's plug&play) but on my sync2 the cable is different, so i'm in trouble to understand what i have to search

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
in fact i'm messaging with them but my problem is steering wheel command and rear camera; i tried with headunit on focus 2014 and my st3 2015... on sync1 of 2014 the cable that contains video and wheel controls it's the cable connected on display (and it's plug&play) but on my sync2 the cable is different, so i'm in trouble to understand what i have to search
Keep checking google and the forums. Good luck!! Someone at some point will have a wire harness splice how to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
"2015 Focus MFT Radio Pinout" and compare to "2013 Focus Radio Pinout" would be a good start for needed wiring splices. The radio's input harness should have a section in the manual to identify what each pin is, then you can either hard wire, or make a patch harness using junkyard parts or available pigtails. Google up "ford MFT radio pigtail" for that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's so difficult to find the right information... Damn

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Reactions: MarcusFoFo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Since you got it working on your 2014 focus I had a few questions. The sync 1 doesn't have a GPS built into the car (as far as I know) so do you know if navigation works with sync 1? if it doesn't work is there a possibility that you can see of adding a GPS to the tesla style head unit to allow for the use of navigation?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since you got it working on your 2014 focus I had a few questions. The sync 1 doesn't have a GPS built into the car (as far as I know) so do you know if navigation works with sync 1? if it doesn't work is there a possibility that you can see of adding a GPS to the tesla style head unit to allow for the use of navigation?
Sure, in the packaging there is the additional GPS

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
This should work on your car. The smaller android auto ones will NOT work as the lock/unlock button has moved away from the head unit after '14 models.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
This is definitely going to end up being a rather involved mod I'm sure...it's cool as hell...but something I wouldn't do myself for that reason haha. Best of luck, keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts