Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey FST! New guy here. I am the proud new owner of a new 2016 Focus ST with the lame 400A package. Thought I'd drop by and say hello before crawling through the classifieds. I come from the land of LS motors. I've cut my teeth on tuning LS powered trucks and cars. My other car is a turbo miata that I've done a lot of work to and isn't reliable (hence the Focus). Plans for the Focus is just an intake, catback, a tune, a lower motor mount, and something to shorten the shifting up a bit (nothing crazy... gotta stay my daily for the next 5 years).

Gotta say I love this car and it has changed my perspective of Ford.

Looking foward to meeting up with some of the members in the New England area. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Hey FST! New guy here. I am the proud new owner of a new 2016 Focus ST with the lame 400A package. Thought I'd drop by and say hello before crawling through the classifieds. I come from the land of LS motors. I've cut my teeth on tuning LS powered trucks and cars. My other car is a turbo miata that I've done a lot of work to and isn't reliable (hence the Focus). Plans for the Focus is just an intake, catback, a tune, a lower motor mount, and something to shorten the shifting up a bit (nothing crazy... gotta stay my daily for the next 5 years).

Gotta say I love this car and it has changed my perspective of Ford.

Looking foward to meeting up with some of the members in the New England area. :cool:
Welcome! Ignore my .02 if you don't care since it's your car...but if you aren't only doing the catback for the sound go with a downpipe instead! It'll actually make a difference power wise over the catback which does nothing but sound nice. If that's your goal then by all means :) Great choice!

Reactions: Jax5

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Ignore my .02 if you don't care since it's your car...but if you aren't only doing the catback for the sound go with a downpipe instead! It'll actually make a difference power wise over the catback which does nothing but sound nice. If that's your goal then by all means :) Great choice!
Yeah... I've toyed with the idea. The catless Invidia DP I had on my 09 STI was the best thing I ever put on the car, but I'm thinking at least until the warranty runs out, I'll leave the stock DP on there. The miata has an EFR series turbo dyno'd at 320 whp and that's the track whore.. this is going to be the car that my daughter can jump in and we can hit the road. (At 2... She giggled every time I fired up the STI).

Thinking I should get another set of oem wheels for this thing and get some dedicated snow tires... these Goodyear's are REALLY nice when it's warm and dry... but they're like trying to ride a yamaha R1 in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yeah... I've toyed with the idea. The catless Invidia DP I had on my 09 STI was the best thing I ever put on the car, but I'm thinking at least until the warranty runs out, I'll leave the stock DP on there. The miata has an EFR series turbo dyno'd at 320 whp and that's the track whore.. this is going to be the car that my daughter can jump in and we can hit the road. (At 2... She giggled every time I fired up the STI).

Thinking I should get another set of oem wheels for this thing and get some dedicated snow tires... these Goodyear's are REALLY nice when it's warm and dry... but they're like trying to ride a yamaha R1 in the snow.
Yeah don't even take the Goodyear summer tires out in the cold below 35...like even WITHOUT snow don't. Terribly dangerous lol

Edit: I'd rather take my GSXR out in this weather than the stock Goodyears they were so bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts