Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, HI!! New Focus owner here and looong time Ford owner. I just bought a brand new 2017 Focus ST this past Saturday and so far, I love it! With that being said, me being the automotive nut that I am, I know every vehicle has room for improvements. I have been reading about the much debated catch cans for the turbo cars. I also realized the posts were a few years old and haven't seen anything new posted about them. Those of you who have them installed have you seen any benefits for the cans? Any follow ups on these systems? I want this ST to last (since I'm going to be keeping it for at least 72 months) but I also would like to improve on it's performance down the road once I have put some miles on it. Any suggestions, comments, concerns from current ST owners?

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Yes, highly recommend a catch can. Prevents oil buildup un the intake manifold. Also helps prevent oil buildup on the valves.

I run a Damond Motorsports catch can, love it. I wrote a big review on that can, have to find a link to it for you.

As far as performance, first thing you'll want to get is an AccessPort, can either run the provided OTS tunes, or choose a ProTuner (like us, Freektune). From there, intake, intercooler, and downpipe are the most bang for your buck. If your going to drive it hard, which you more than likely will, I suggest an upgraded rear motor mount. I personally run the Cobb one and love it but there are also other ones out there such as CPe and Boomba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm curious about this too, I just got mine last month and I don't see much on catch cans, and some of the higher mileage owners have never used one. I had a mk6 Gti before and everyone said you HAD to get a catch can to make it last, in which I never got one and I had a bunch of oil in my intake, turbo, and intercooler/piping

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I'm curious about this too, I just got mine last month and I don't see much on catch cans, and some of the higher mileage owners have never used one. I had a mk6 Gti before and everyone said you HAD to get a catch can to make it last, in which I never got one and I had a bunch of oil in my intake, turbo, and intercooler/piping

Same thing happens on the ST motor.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...l-catch-can-vs-no-oil-catch-can-pictures.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts