Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What’s up Folks. New to the site, but have been interested in the ST’s for a while. I recently bought a 2014 ST from auction as a flood vehicle. The car is not running and will need some work

Looking at the CarFax, it was owned by someone in Katy, TX (same place I live). The car has a focusst.org sticker, this might be a shot in the dark, but I’d like to find the person that owned the car so I can get some information. It has COBB and Injen stickers on the back with plastidipped wheels. I sure would like to know if there is anything done to the car. So if you know who may have owned it or did own it, please let me know. Again, probably a long shot..

I am also looking for a shop nearby to help me with the repairs, so wouldn’t suggestions if you guys have any..

Thanks in advance

34ff7b8a-76bd-42e7-935d-1809e9ccc344.jpg 65416cbc-19a9-4b24-a01a-25ab952d1d5d.jpg e8e78c3c-74a9-4be7-b3be-b0f7f978f825.jpg ffabd7bd-9e47-458d-855e-303090e45963.jpg bd0ff994-12be-41a7-a163-b14bc0fd5c75.jpg

·
Registered
407 Posts
Check out the members on here (link on the top of the home page). If they had a focusst.org they were most likely pretty active on here.

If the person registered themselves on the members map maybe you can find them and shoot them a message.

Reactions: Unfitproduct

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Reactions: Unfitproduct

·
Registered
407 Posts
Also, good luck on the flood vehicle! It can payoff huge.

My last vehicle was a 2010 Cobalt. I bought it in 2012 with 42k miles, it had a reconstructed/rebuilt title because it was a flood vehicle. A local garage had bought it at auction, dropped a new (used) motor in it with 10k less miles than the car. I bought it from them for about 60% of a non R-title vehicle and I never once had an issue with it related to the flood. No electrical issues, no engine issues, the inside looked untouched like it never was in a flood.

I just sold it 2 weeks ago with 108k miles on it (so I had it for almost 7 years and 66k miles) and I sold it for 40% of what I paid for it originally. Not bad at all considering it was an 8 year car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Scotty. We shall see. Got it running, now to deal with the gauntlet of lights on the dash. I will create a new post to get some help to get it road ready

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lol well that was easy, sounds like electrical issues which is expected from flood vehicles. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The S.s. ST

I will start pulling codes and unlocking brakes today. Hopefully the low tire and locked brakes are the reason I am getting a ! and the abs light.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Did you happen to find the previous owner?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Always been interested in flood damaged vehicles. One thing you can do is unplug every connector you can find one at a time and clean the connections. I worked on a vehicle once that had a stuck on taillight and it turned out there was a water leak right on top of the body control module. It caused green corrosion on the connector and pins. An hour or so of cleaning inside the BCM and out and it worked as good as new. Sealed the leak and no more problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you able to see how high the water got (any marks on the interior)? This might give a sense of what electrical connectors are affected.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven't found the owner yet, likely won't. Often the auction will show a water line, but sadly not in this case. I saw run and drive on the listing and jumped on it. I got out bid on a 16 Blue RS. REALLY wanted that one. The inside seems in good shape. A little smell, which is to be expected for a car that has sat since August. Some corrosion on the seat rails and a few other spots, but nothing major. The front bumper cover needs to be replaced (probably busted at the yard) and one of the brackets on the pass side highlights is broken.

So it starts right up and will idle fine. Won't rev of course because it in limp mode. Below are the codes I am finding.
Screenshot_20180127-175414.png Screenshot_20180127-175443.png Screenshot_20180127-175504.png

1 - 16 of 16 Posts