Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I picked up my ST on June 6th. I have always liked the ST from the time they came out but just never got the motivation to buy one. The local Ford dealer I drive by every single day had this black ST1 sitting out buy the road for several months. Coming home from work one day I pulled in and asked about it. The salesmen gave me the price ($18,499) and I didn't even think about it and told him I would take it. Prior to this I spent 3 seasons in my 03 cobra autocrossing in SM class. Now I will be competing in GS class with the ST. It's a fun little car to drive and look forward to dodging some cones with it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome, looking forward to reading about your experiences in the ST compared to the cobra!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. All of my autocross experience has been in RWD cars (03 cobra, 03 GT) so it will take some seat time feeling out the FWD platform. I am pleasantly surprised with how low down the power comes in. I will detail my experience when I get some runs under my belt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome! I see a lot of mustang guys have come over to the hot hatch side. I did the same thing. An 03/04 Cobra is on my wish list.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I mostly see mustang guys sitting at the dealership with broken cars. lol
I'm not too familiar with the new mustangs, however mine has only ever had 1 CEL light in the 7 years that I have owned it. It was a simple fix; the EVAP Purge canister needed to be replaced. It's been a fantastic car. I just wanted something newer and daily driver friendly. One of my friends has a 16' eco boost mustang that is having idle issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! I see a lot of mustang guys have come over to the hot hatch side. I did the same thing. An 03/04 Cobra is on my wish list.
Thanks. The car was cheap enough I couldn't pass it up. The cobra driving dynamic is barbaric (something I actually enjoy) compared to the ST. But the ST is a definite corner carver. My next mustang will be a GT350, then I will have to flip a coin as to what class I'm going to autocross in that particular weekend.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the car! Make sure to check out the Autocross section of the forum. Lets all see pictures of the cars :nerd:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts