Ford Focus ST Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just installed mine today! Removed only 2 screws. I like it and it sounds great. I can hear it with the windows up and the radio turned down. Pain in the ass to install with just a floor jack but I got it. Spent most of my time trying to get the vacuum line to the block back on because it pulled off a feeder I could not see. But now it is on and sounds great. Thanks.....

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just installed mine today! Removed only 2 screws. I like it and it sounds great. I can hear it with the windows up and the radio turned down. Pain in the ass to install with just a floor jack but I got it. Spent most of my time trying to get the vacuum line to the block back on because it pulled off a feeder I could not see. But now it is on and sounds great. Thanks.....
We're happy that you're happy!

Thanks for choosing BOOMBA!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks guys! I just picked one up from your new shop location today. I swapped out the full VTA and installed the adjustable with 2 set screws removed. It is dramatically quieter than the full VTA BOV. I may remove the final set screw later on, but for now, this setup is "wife approved". :)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I've got all three screws out and can barely hear anything when th windows are up and the radio is completely off. If the windows are down, the I can hear it nicely.

Wouldn't mind a tiny bit louder, but this definitely sounds good with out being the slightest bit annoying.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've got all three screws out and can barely hear anything when th windows are up and the radio is completely off. If the windows are down, the I can hear it nicely.

Wouldn't mind a tiny bit louder, but this definitely sounds good with out being the slightest bit annoying.

Strange, I can hear mine while driving with the windows all up and at full highway speed and radio turned down. Mine is a 2016. I can also hear my turbo spool, barely, but it is there. Even my borther mentioned it when I took him for a ride and it was his first time in my car.

·
Registered
181 Posts

I now have all 3 screws out, and this is precisely how I would describe it as well.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
For what it's worth, I'll also add that I did run the vaccum source from the sound symposer delete plate so that it doesn't go off all the time, also I have a cat back exhaust so that may be helping to cover the sound when the windows are up.

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks guys! I just picked one up from your new shop location today. I swapped out the full VTA and installed the adjustable with 2 set screws removed. It is dramatically quieter than the full VTA BOV. I may remove the final set screw later on, but for now, this setup is "wife approved". :)
We always love walk in customers! We're Glad your wife approves!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just wanted to say that this is a great piece and very well made. I have had this on my car for about 3k miles and love the sound with all set screws removed. Hard to hear with the windows up and radio on but sounds perfect with windows down. Great job, Boomba!

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Just wanted to say that this is a great piece and very well made. I have had this on my car for about 3k miles and love the sound with all set screws removed. Hard to hear with the windows up and radio on but sounds perfect with windows down. Great job, Boomba!
We are glad you like it! I've personally been considering swapping my full VTA for this Piece. -Steve

61 - 80 of 85 Posts