Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Names Scott but everyone calls me fedz. Just picked up a 2014 st2 with 22k on the odometer. Came with mbrp(I believe that is the spelling) exhaust and a fswerks intake. Car is super clean an i love the way it drives everything is so smooth.

Im coming from a 2008 civic si that had every bolt on, engine blew with 112k and i owed 7000 on the car. i found an engine for cheap and swapped it in myself and traded it in, and still managed to have a cheaper monthly payment.

Im excited for the modding to commence. This is my first forced induction car. Even through i can replace a whole engine and do 95% of the work that is neeeded and will be done im still a newbie with turbo's. I know the basic principal and info on them but havent ever worked on them with maintenance or modding.

I love having power down low instead of up high. i dont have to be screaming in every gear to get going.

Car is my daily so i wont be going crazy.

My future mods will be:
bov turbo smart
cobb accessport with monotune or other tune pre-programmed.(any insight?)
rear motor mount
symposer delete
eventually custom tune specific to my car.
possibly short shifter
catch cans

other mods:
license plate relocate(stupid ny)
tints
floor mats
rain guards

any other recommendations for smaller power mods?
one step colder spark plugs help? do they add power?

here is some pics of my honda and some of the new car:

10402945_656258971095972_172341824216864882_n.jpg 11061760_799791043409430_1556795474287271211_n.jpg 11128845_815195781868956_7235711457173233324_n.jpg IMG_0563.JPG IMG_0566.JPG IMG_0568.JPG

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You got lucky with already having an intake and exhaust on it. I would highly recommend getting the Cobb tuner first, really opens the car up! Along with that getting the symposor delete with it! :smile:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! You got lucky with already having an intake and exhaust on it. I would highly recommend getting the Cobb tuner first, really opens the car up! Along with that getting the symposor delete with it! :smile:
Thank you! i was happy when i seen that it was quality parts also saved me 7000-1000 dollars already. The cobb is the first on my to-do list.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
2 strikes right off the bat, NY and a Civic!? Just ****ting ya and welcome to the forum! I would suggest a FMIC along with your accessport tune for sure.

Reactions: Bradley

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome! What part of the island are you from? I have a few friends out there. Also, I'd recommend getting an upgraded intercooler. The stock one heat soaks very easily and makes the power inconsistent when doing back to back pulls. Also, it will prevent you from going past a stage 1 tune. As far as other power mods, it depends on how far you want to take it. I'm building mine to be a fun daily as well, so I won't be getting too radical. I would highly recommend at least an intercooler as i said, as well as a tune from stratified, mountune, or deadhook racing. Anything that is more custom tailored to your car, the better. I myself will be getting a dyno tune locally, just because I want my tune to be SOLID. I would also look into getting an oil catch can, as these direct injected motors tend to run dirty. Good luck, happy modding!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol love the honda memes. Im from kings park/happauge but live out east now.

The FMIC would be something i would do down the line in a year or so. $1000 is alot and i need a few things first. It has no floor mats and the interior is getting dirty quick.

Im overwhelmed with all of the tech inside this car. One thing that im not to thrilled about is the lack of space up front. The storage compartments are too small and/or awkward sizing. And the dash is right in your face. I guess i just have to get used to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts