Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 2017 ST (ST1 Magnetic Grey/Metallic) a few days ago and absolutely love it. I'm excited to be here and ready to meet new people and learn what I can about these cars. Also currently own a 1968 Mustang SPrint Package (original 289 engine) that was my first car and have had for 13 years. Quick intro about me:

Currently work at a sports nutrition/supplement store, and am in the process of applying for grad school.

Hobbies: competitive bodybuilding and powerlifting (drug free)

Other cars I've owned (in order):
1968 Mustang (still have)
2000 Trans Am
2012 Scion TC
1990 300ZX twin turbo
1978 280Z
1998 Trans Am
1993 RX7-FD
2012 G37S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you! I'm still putting a parts list together, and thinking about waiting for black Friday/Cyber Monday deals so that I can get some miles on it before adding anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Reactions: bedfordcody

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just picked up a 2017 ST (ST1 Magnetic Grey/Metallic) a few days ago and absolutely love it. I'm excited to be here and ready to meet new people and learn what I can about these cars. Also currently own a 1968 Mustang SPrint Package (original 289 engine) that was my first car and have had for 13 years. Quick intro about me:

Currently work at a sports nutrition/supplement store, and am in the process of applying for grad school.

Hobbies: competitive bodybuilding and powerlifting (drug free)

Other cars I've owned (in order):
1968 Mustang (still have)
2000 Trans Am
2012 Scion TC
1990 300ZX twin turbo
1978 280Z
1998 Trans Am
1993 RX7-FD
2012 G37S
@bedfordcody Welcome to the forum! We have a Magnetic ST too, great color! Post some pics of your ST and Mustang.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome! You will find a lot of helpful information and people on here. I've had mine since 2014 and loved every minute of it. Tips on cheap fun would be shift kits, air filter upgrade, and throttle body mod https://officialthreetwenty.com/2017/07/23/install-oem-2-3l-throttle-body-na-st/. I did a res delete but am looking at either a Roush exhaust or a custom Gibson setup. . Enjoy!
I'm currently looking into the cobb adjustable shift plate, cobb catted downpipe (emissions in my area), greddy cat back, and still trying to decide on an intake.

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
I'm currently looking into the cobb adjustable shift plate, cobb catted downpipe (emissions in my area), greddy cat back, and still trying to decide on an intake.
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...t-your-st-shift-better-st-shifter-thread.html

Normally I don't butt in much when people want to throw their money around, but imho there is no reason anyone should buy the cobb shift plate. There are better products at the same price range. Shift arms is where the real great shifting is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...t-your-st-shift-better-st-shifter-thread.html

Normally I don't butt in much when people want to throw their money around, but imho there is no reason anyone should buy the cobb shift plate. There are better products at the same price range. Shift arms is where the real great shifting is.
Thanks for the link. Just got the car Friday so not in any rush to add anything before putting in some miles. I've seen various options and haven't decided on anything yet, and I'm sure I'll change my mind several times through more research before finally purchasing anything.

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
Thanks for the link. Just got the car Friday so not in any rush to add anything before putting in some miles. I've seen various options and haven't decided on anything yet, and I'm sure I'll change my mind several times through more research before finally purchasing anything.
Nice! Yeah do some research around these parts. It feels like people just rush into throwing parts on their car these days, there is a lot of options. Not to mention quite a few different approaches.

Figure out what goals you want for the car, then find the parts that fit your build/budget.

Also buying used off the classifieds can save you some serious coin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice! Yeah do some research around these parts. It feels like people just rush into throwing parts on their car these days, there is a lot of options. Not to mention quite a few different approaches.

Figure out what goals you want for the car, then find the parts that fit your build/budget.

Also buying used off the classifieds can save you some serious coin.
After having different cars over the years (as you can see in comment #1) I always do some research and consult others with more knowledge before making a decision. The ST will be daily driven and not used as a project, so reliability is key for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts