Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How's it going everyone?

To help aid in answering questions more quickly and efficiently, @[email protected] has welcomed myself @[email protected] and @[email protected] ! We will both be available to help with any questions you may have.

For myself, you can contact me via PM on here or feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]. I look forward to helping you guys out!

Also want to share a few details about my car. :)

I have a FreekTuned 2014 FoST ST3 with the following mods.

-#TeamFreek
-GTX2867r .86 a/r
-Cobb Intake
-MBRP Catless downpipe
-Cobb Catback
-Treadstone TR8 FMIC
-CP-e Exhale Kit with HKS SSQV
-Cobb Short throw plate
-AEM v2 Meth kit running %100 Meth and a CM10 Nozzle from Cooling mist

Just Dyno'd my car on saturday and made 362hp / 348tq :)

Although i'm still working on my launch my fastest pass on the strip is a [email protected] with a 2.3 60ft

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Freektuned myself! Might have to hit you up cause I've had a few questions for awhile now.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself here, I've been on the forum since the start and will help in anyway I can. Any questions may be messaged to me here or emailed to me @ [email protected]

I will be roaming the vendor page answering questions as well, so post here with any questions as well, as it may help someone else with the same question, and also if you feel that your question is a common one, please do a quick search on our vendor page before starting a new thread. As always, we are here to serve you!

Thanks,
Dames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I have a question for you guys. I know you have a lot of experience with the GTX2867 over in the Mazdaspeed world. I have a GTX2867 with a catless 3" downpipe and 2.5" catback. Would it be beneficial or worth the time/money to install a 3" cutout like this? Vdyno is showing consistently around 370-380. I'm about to switch over to 100% meth. And I'm going to switch to a direct-port meth injection in the spring. I'm just wondering if this would make any significant decrease in spool-time. I'm pretty happy power-wise. I'm starting to reach the limit of traction on the F1's. Just looking to get into the powerband a little quicker.

471.jpg

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have a question for you guys. I know you have a lot of experience with the GTX2867 over in the Mazdaspeed world. I have a GTX2867 with a catless 3" downpipe and 2.5" catback. Would it be beneficial or worth the time/money to install a 3" cutout like this? Vdyno is showing consistently around 370-380. I'm about to switch over to 100% meth. And I'm going to switch to a direct-port meth injection in the spring. I'm just wondering if this would make any significant decrease in spool-time. I'm pretty happy power-wise. I'm starting to reach the limit of traction on the F1's. Just looking to get into the powerband a little quicker.

View attachment 108145

You shouldn't need to worry about the catback. If you want to do a cutout for the sound by all means, but I don't think its going to allow for any more power.

People have switched from the stock downpipe to a catted downpipe and saw no gains, so the factory exhaust actually does flow pretty well.

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'll be ordering a Freektune within a couple of weeks.

Do you guys incorporate Anti-theft, econo mode, etc... within the 5-Way Map Switching option on a Freektune?
Anti-theft mode i'm pretty sure needs to be its own map. econo mode yes can be incorporate into 5 way.

As far as swapping maps for different fuels on 5 way, not really the safest thing, and wouldn't recommend it

·
Vendor
308 Posts

View attachment 108145
The cutout should see a decrease in spool, and a little power up top. Not as big of a difference as you would see on a much larger turbo, but should still make a noticeable difference. Plus racecar sounds

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The cutout should see a decrease in spool, and a little power up top. Not as big of a difference as you would see on a much larger turbo, but should still make a noticeable difference. Plus racecar sounds
Aaaaand another project added to the list. :big smile: I'm trying to burn through all of this 75/25 mix so I can crack open my fresh M1. Its taking forever. Need the old lady to leave town for a weekend so I can get some stuff done guilt free. Thanks Justin.

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Aaaaand another project added to the list. :big smile: I'm trying to burn through all of this 75/25 mix so I can crack open my fresh M1. Its taking forever. Need the old lady to leave town for a weekend so I can get some stuff done guilt free. Thanks Justin.
Anytime sir!

·
Registered
337 Posts
-AEM v2 Meth kit running %100 Meth and a CM10 Nozzle from Cooling mist

Just Dyno'd my car on saturday and made 362hp / 348tq :)
Do you know what your dyno numbers are adjusted for altitude?

Also curious if you tried different mixtures of water/methanol or just went straight to 100% methanol? How much boost are you running?

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you know what your dyno numbers are adjusted for altitude? Also curious if you tried different mixtures of water/methanol or just went straight to 100% methanol? How much boost are you running?
Im on the east coast and at sea level. The Dyno was a maximum 300ft above sea level.

with my car the plan was to use 100% meth all the time, so we haven't changed mixtures at all. Hitting 24psi :)

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Do you know what your dyno numbers are adjusted for altitude?

Also curious if you tried different mixtures of water/methanol or just went straight to 100% methanol? How much boost are you running?
I'm a 100% meth kind of guy. You will almost always see gains the more meth you use beyond 50/50 from what I have seen.

On Brian's car he races his car a ton. So we have timing very conservative. And she still laid down 364hp with 24psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ask away lol
Well since you asked.....

I'm in a pickle where I live an hour away (plus I work too much) to get E-85 however I like the thought of an easy to integrate auxiliary fuel system, more specifically stratified's.

Would it be best to scrap that idea and go W/M or will I benefit from an aux fuel system just the same even if I'm running crap 91 octane? I'm wanting to squeeze a bit more power and quit at 340whp. I still need colder plugs but I refuse to do exhaust due to wanting to keep a low-profile.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts