Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone, my name is Alex and I recently purchased a new 17 RR focus St2. Loving the car so far! Im am really looking forward to learning more about these cars and what mods are best. Any recommendations for a decent bump in power? I was a Honda guy and bolts on/ flashpro is what I know, I had a full bolt on and vittuned 2015 civic si which I sold. I have read a lot on the forum already and have learned a good amount of things so far.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Family car
Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive lighting Vehicle door

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome from Houston!
First mods for power I would say catless downpipe with o2 sensor defouler, and the Cobb accessport v3 with a Stratified flash tune($50)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone! @71shadow thanks for the info, so are tunes safe for these cars? Ive heard about engines blowing up, I just want something safe, I don’t redline my car anyway. Would a cobb OTS tune be safer?

Reactions: 71shadow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the welcome everyone! @71shadow thanks for the info, so are tunes safe for these cars? Ive heard about engines blowing up, I just want something safe, I don’t redline my car anyway. Would a cobb OTS tune be safer?
You would think so but I've heard more of people blowing up there engines on ots stage 3 than an actual tune. I've been running this flash tune since new years and it's aggressive but safe. I've had several people look at my logs and the only bad thing I've ever dealt with is bad gas haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! And again I appreciate the info. One last question, is it safe to run a green filter and a 3” catback exhaust on the stock tune? Or does it need a tune? Sorry for the dumb question is just that with my Si every bolt on I added needed a tune.

Reactions: 71shadow

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Yes it is safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks! And again I appreciate the info. One last question, is it safe to run a green filter and a 3” catback exhaust on the stock tune? Or does it need a tune? Sorry for the dumb question is just that with my Si every bolt on I added needed a tune.
Nah you don't NEED a tune unless you go big turbo, but a tune even with an air filter will have a much better feeling than Stock of course.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Welcome from Houston!
First mods for power I would say catless downpipe with o2 sensor defouler, and the Cobb accessport v3 with a Stratified flash tune($50)
I would say Intercooler and Accessport with Stratified tune.

Reactions: 17RR_FoST

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes it is safe.
Cool thanks

Nah you don't NEED a tune unless you go big turbo, but a tune even with an air filter will have a much better feeling than Stock of course.

Perfect thanks for the info!

I would say Intercooler and Accessport with Stratified tune.
Ok cool, any other good tuner besides stratified?

Welcome, and nice choice in color boss!
Not thread jacking - here is my RR 16:)
Looks great! I love the black wheels! Im stuck between black,white or gold.

Thank you!

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I will keep everyone in mind and will update once I have some mods going.

Reactions: oVrKiLL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Change the intercooler before any other performance mods! Then I recommend getting your Accessport from Freektune. Justin from there really works magic

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[email protected] JST Performance an awesome tuner. Give him a shout. Any of those colors will look good with this color. Id shy away from white because of brake dust but that's just me.
Thanks for the info and yeah I know I thought about that also, it would still look really good on Red though.

Change the intercooler before any other performance mods! Then I recommend getting your Accessport from Freektune. Justin from there really works magic
Thank you, you’re the second person that has told me that. I will take that into consideration.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Welcome, and nice choice in color boss!
Not thread jacking - here is my RR 16:)
yeah those wheels look great, I need window tint so bad...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey everyone so this is what’ she looks like after 4 months and 7,500 miles of owning her!

15% tint front windows
5% tint rear windows
50% tint entire windshield
Wing risers
MBRP catback
Green filter
Boomba bov
Fenders rolled
Bc Racing extreme low coilovers
Megan racing rear camber arms
18x9 rpf1 in gold
Velosa tech big mouth
Smoke tail light overlays
LED reverse 6k lights
Yellow 3k fog light nokya bulbs
Depo catted dp (on its way)
Cobb AccessPort v.3 (in a drawer somewhere lol)
Depo 3.5 IC (on back order)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Red

Reactions: oVrKiLL and CDB
1 - 20 of 23 Posts