Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
screen-shot-2018-04-30-at-4-18-20-pm-1525119573.png

Ford is getting rid of all its cars. Buy one now before it's too late.

by Tom McParland, 30 April 2018.

In a snap, Ford has decided to kill all of its and sedans and hatchbacks except for the Focus Active. While this may be a smart business move–for now–buyers looking for cheap speed and five-doors will eventually have to go elsewhere. Now seems like a good time to grab a Fiesta ST, Focus ST or Focus RS with heavy discounts.

Of course, no one really knows what the future holds long-term for the ST and RS cars in America. It’s probably safe to say that the smaller Fiesta ST is gone for good, but it is certainly possible that the Focus RS could be revived and sold in small batches once its next-generation version eventually drops.

But rather than wait to see what happens, buyers looking for a deal on the current crop off fast five-doors can score some impressive discounts.

We’ll start with the tiny the Fiesta ST, one of the most fun cars you can buy at any price. There Ford is offering up $2,500 customer cash in addition to whatever the dealer is willing to do to move out those units.

Since the margins on the small Fiesta are slim, the deals aren’t as dramatic as its larger cousin the Focus, but it is possible to pick up the little hoon-mobile for under $17,000.

The larger Focus ST offers more space, more power, and more cash on the hood with $3,500 coming from the factory.

And dealers are pretty desperate to clear out the inventory selling nicely equipped Focus ST hatchbacks for well under $20,000. That’s not much more than the Fiesta ST.

If the ST models aren’t extreme enough, and your budget is a bit more flexible, the Focus RS–which will go down as one of the greatest hot-hatches sold on our shores–can be bought for well under dealer invoice. Remember when these things were being sold with markups? Hah!

Under $35,000 for any Focus RS is the steal of the year. Calling it now.

This is the part where I put my usual disclaimer of watch out for stacked rebates that you don’t qualify for and always get quotes in writing to know whether or not the advertised price is legit. So if you are upset about the reduction of small and fun cars in America, do your part and put one of these ST or RS models in your driveway.

https://jalopnik.com/you-can-get-an-awesome-deal-on-a-ford-st-or-rs-right-no-1825650235

·
Registered
349 Posts
If this really happens and I can get an RS for under 30...lmfao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
local dealers are sending me emails about RSs and offering way to much for my trade in... not sure why they want my well used ST so bad other than they just really want to unload an RS... the big one has over 10 RSs and literally arent selling them

·
Registered
349 Posts
local dealers are sending me emails about RSs and offering way to much for my trade in... not sure why they want my well used ST so bad other than they just really want to unload an RS... the big one has over 10 RSs and literally arent selling them
Well they need to start sending out emails to me lol. All I gotta do is wait till after the wife's birthday next month and I'm in the clear to part out and trade in!!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Well they need to start sending out emails to me lol. All I gotta do is wait till after the wife's birthday next month and I'm in the clear to part out and trade in!!

start the part out now... the prices are giveaway.

If I wanted an RS I could do it, but I am honestly done with this platform. I will keep my ST because it is fun but I am not willing to start over with payments.

·
Registered
349 Posts
start the part out now... the prices are giveaway.

If I wanted an RS I could do it, but I am honestly done with this platform. I will keep my ST because it is fun but I am not willing to start over with payments.
Meh I think I'm gonna stick with my ST, messaged with a few dealers and the "prices" aren't worth giving up my car lol.

*all cars brand new*
2016 RS2 $37,500
2017 RS2 $38,416
2018 LE $38,750

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Dealers in my area have no RS deals... the place where i got my ST still have the same one... still no price break... guess they think they got gold...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There isn't a mass panic. Most of the dealers in that screenshot sell cars that cheap everyday.

Rebates are good, better than when I got my car.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I just went to my dealer about this and they confirmed the hatch back focus in ALL TRIMS is here to stay, ford is returning its lineup to how it was in the early 2000s minus the taurus and crown Vic of course. They are killing the fiesta, focus sedan, fusion, and Taurus only, all focus hatches are here to stay, the new Chinese factory will NOT be picking up the turbo models as well, they will be sending body shells to Germany to be retrofitted with st and rs parts.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just went to my dealer about this and they confirmed the hatch back focus in ALL TRIMS is here to stay, ford is returning its lineup to how it was in the early 2000s minus the taurus and crown Vic of course. They are killing the fiesta, focus sedan, fusion, and Taurus only, all focus hatches are here to stay, the new Chinese factory will NOT be picking up the turbo models as well, they will be sending body shells to Germany to be retrofitted with st and rs parts.

Dealers litterally have no clue what Ford is actually going to do. Id take that statement with a huge grain of salt. PRetty sure the hatches are done in the US too. ONLY the Focus active remaining.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Dealers litterally have no clue what Ford is actually going to do. Id take that statement with a huge grain of salt. PRetty sure the hatches are done in the US too. ONLY the Focus active remaining.
agreed... why would they keep the hatch? Ford sell way less of them, the avg person will settle with a sedan because cheaper. if they keep the hatch and that is the only option that same person will go buy a different brand and settle on cheaper. who knows they might but I doubt it and if they do keep the hatch, very strange move given the money behind it. maybe they will just produce very few of them and sell even less.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Yeah..... your dealer is way wrong. It's been confirmed multiple times. The only
Focus will be the Focus Active.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sad :(

I bought my used ST at that price with 10k miles on it.

Just looked around the Bay Area for prices and the lowest I'm seeing is mid $19ks

Massive price drop for these rides.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bought my used ST at that price with 10k miles on it.

Just looked around the Bay Area for prices and the lowest I'm seeing is mid $19ks

Massive price drop for these rides.
There was a 2018 st2 somewhere out in the bay area for like $23k marked down from $31k. Haha

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I paid 22K for my 2018 ST2 brand new. But if I could find an RS for these prices people are stating, 35 to 38k I might pounce on it. But I have called and talked to my dude at Koons Ford of Bmore which is literally the lowest priced Ford dealer on the East Coast, they have people fly out from midwest all the time and down south to buy cars and trucks and drive home. I have a dealer 5 mins up the street and I gave them the chance to meet Koons price and they were still 1500k over and I said I will drive an hour to save over a grand...so I did...needless to say I haven't found any of these magically priced RSs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts