Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Just received my focus ST and arrived at the dealer with 20 miles on it (30km). Has anyone else seen this? Are they test driving all ST when they leave the factory? Can anyone shed some light?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
not sure... mine had 2 miles for reference. My DMV paper work had 2 miles! was the coolest feeling knowing I have put all but 2 miles on. I guess my wife has put on a few miles but very few compared to me :p

I was like wow it was 2 miles to put the car on the truck and it rolled off in the parking lot of the dealer so.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes that's not unusual. Ford does pull some cars at the factory for extended testing. 15-25 miles at delivery isn't anything to be alarmed about.

It's also possible your dealer did a test drive and fuel up as part of the PDI and delivery process.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Some cars are put through testing like squeak and rattle roads, test tracks, water booth testing, etc. that can accumulate small amounts of miles. The vehicle may have had some repairs that needed to be fixed in the repair area which can add a couple miles. Then driven validate those repairs. I wouldn't be concerned with 20 miles on it. Cars are driven around the plant all the time and the small distances can add up. Some cars have 20, some have 2. It all depends on the unit and what the plant needs to do to it. Nothing to be concerned about.

enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I would not sweat it at all.... probably like @Carson said. I know the local dealer test drives every car that gets worked on in the shop, not sure about new ones since I did not buy it there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I bought mine brand new in 2013 with 17 miles on it but that was after my test drive so it was probably around 10 or 12 miles before that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine had 27 miles on it. But it was a dealer trade, the trading dealer drove it to the dealer that I bought it from. And the dealer I bought it from test drove it and put like 3 miles on it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Manager took it to lunch, someone test drove it, maybe multiple people test drove it. IDK, its only 20 miles. I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest....

·
Registered
151 Posts
My car had 35 miles on the clock when I bought it. I did not drive it before buying: I had never even heard it run. I had test driven others ('14 ST1, '13 ST2, '15 ST3, '16 ST1) and when it came down to decision time I bought the one that was sitting in the showroom. The "demo loop" that the dealership uses is just over 10 miles.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had 33 miles on mine. It was a dealer trade, from one lot to another. I actually got to follow mine into the dealership because I saw drive by me while I was on the freeway going to buy it!:in love:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a buddy that works for ford up in Michigan. I guess they deliver a lot of the cars from the factory to the dealer, so it could be a similar case to something like that.
Kinda wish I had a job like that... Lol getting to drive mustang gt's and $70k trucks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts