Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first post but I just wanted to put out and see how many people would be interest in a widebody kit. I know there are two out now. AP and fifteen52's. There are things I like about each but also things I don't like. So I have decided to go ahead and make my own getting inspiration from various widebody kits out. Not only four our specific cars. I'll add pictures later when I'm home of what I have drawn up so far. I don't know how to upload them via my phone to here. Or y'all can check out my Insta @Daraeld.salgado

·
Registered
565 Posts
There are way more than just the two companies you listed making kits, There are Agency Power, Fifteen52, Rally innovations, SS-Tuning, Maxton Desgins and Battle Aero. There may be more than I have listed but I am pretty sure that is all of them. If you want to make your own, go ahead, I have tossed that idea around many, many times but just never wanted to spend the time and money to actually make it. BTW your insta seems to be private so that doesn't help :p.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are way more than just the two companies you listed making kits, There are Agency Power, Fifteen52, Rally innovations, SS-Tuning, Maxton Desgins and Battle Aero. There may be more than I have listed but I am pretty sure that is all of them. If you want to make your own, go ahead, I have tossed that idea around many, many times but just never wanted to spend the time and money to actually make it. BTW your insta seems to be private so that doesn't help :p.
Lol whoops. I changed that. & well as far as I considered putting on my car just AP or fifteen52. I completely forgot about the SS one and I've been on Maxtons website a few times and never noticed it or probably did just don't remember. Didn't know rally made one that they have available for sale. I know there are others out. Not saying there isn't. I'm just saying I don't like them for x amount of reasons. I'm not necessarily making the kit to end up selling it. If people like it then who knows. Maybe lol. I don't think it's that costly. Mostly time consuming. I think at least.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I wasn't saying it to be mean, just was saying there are definetely more than 2. I understand the not liking them part, I like only the fifteen52 and battle aero kits, but still have some issues with the look. I wanted to make mine years ago because there were no kits and I wanted to try it. The cost mainly comes from the bondo or finishing part, which at the time I couldn't really afford to even buy foam to carve into the shape so I never did it. If it looks good, definitely post pics to show it off.

·
Registered
565 Posts
And that subie you posted makes me want to try that on my ST...It is so wide and sexy!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't saying it to be mean, just was saying there are definetely more than 2. I understand the not liking them part, I like only the fifteen52 and battle aero kits, but still have some issues with the look. I wanted to make mine years ago because there were no kits and I wanted to try it. The cost mainly comes from the bondo or finishing part, which at the time I couldn't really afford to even buy foam to carve into the shape so I never did it. If it looks good, definitely post pics to show it off.
No i know. I've been on other forums before for previous cars I've owned and people there are jerks. I love the ST community and all the help people give to each other. I just realized the battle aero kit is the fifteen 52 kit just rebranded.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And that subie you posted makes me want to try that on my ST...It is so wide and sexy!!
I plan to go for something similar to the subies kit. Just not that wide one reason being our cars don't have the body lines or shape to make that work at least not in my opinion. And 2 as Much as I'd love to have that wide of a wheel in the back it would be pointless since we're FWD lol. Someday with an RS though ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
No i know. I've been on other forums before for previous cars I've owned and people there are jerks. I love the ST community and all the help people give to each other. I just realized the battle aero kit is the fifteen 52 kit just rebranded.
The Battle Aero kit is very similar to the fifteen52 kit but has slight differences. Like the rear doesn't flow into the bumper and has a hard cutoff instead, same with the front of the front set just cuts off instead of a transition. But that is probably to make it look different and not be a complete knock off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Battle Aero kit is very similar to the fifteen52 kit but has slight differences. Like the rear doesn't flow into the bumper and has a hard cutoff instead, same with the front of the front set just cuts off instead of a transition. But that is probably to make it look different and not be a complete knock off.
Ah ok I see it now. Yea you're right on that haha. I'm just waiting on some spacers to arrive since I still have stock wheels. That way I can figure out how wide I'm going. It'll probably be about 2 inches outwards of the current fender line

·
Registered
198 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the *Battle Aero they look good and great buy if your on a budget..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have seen gaps in the front and rear bumper from the transitions...

·
Registered
565 Posts
I want a set of the Battle Aero but I am not sure if they will work with my wheels. I have 18x9.5 35 wheels and plan to run 255 or maybe even 265 but again not sure if they will be flush... I don't want them to be tucked inside the fender.
You would need to run at least a 25mm spacer on each wheel for those wheels to be even close to the fender...but you cant run that wide of a tire and be flush at the same time, you will either have to slightly tuck or run flush and have to stretch tires. And how low you plan on going will affect that as well.

If you were to run a 35mm spacer and a 255/35 R18 PSS in the front you would be flush and almost touch at a 2 inch drop but would hit the flare and destroy it on a bad bump, whereas a 235/40 R18 would clear the fender with the same spacer and be safer.

So Basically you could do these setups:

- 235/40 with a 2 inch drop front and 2.5 inch drop rear <-------Flush
- Front: 35mm spacer with -2.0 camber
- Rear: 45mm spacer with -2.5 camber

- 255/35 with a 2 inch drop front and 2.5 inch drop rear <-------Slight Tuck (7ish mm inset, if you use a larger spacer it will risk destroying the flares on bumps)
- Front: 30mm spacer with -2.7 camber
- Rear: 40mm spacer with -3.0 camber

Used a calculator that I made a couple years ago for the ST that can more accurately simulate setups with camber, wide body, different spec tires of the same "size" (ie. 235's) and more.

Reactions: nickbaldwin86

·
Registered
198 Posts
You would need to run at least a 25mm spacer on each wheel for those wheels to be even close to the fender...but you cant run that wide of a tire and be flush at the same time, you will either have to slightly tuck or run flush and have to stretch tires. And how low you plan on going will affect that as well.

If you were to run a 35mm spacer and a 255/35 R18 PSS in the front you would be flush and almost touch at a 2 inch drop but would hit the flare and destroy it on a bad bump, whereas a 235/40 R18 would clear the fender with the same spacer and be safer.

- 255/35 with a 2 inch drop front and 2.5 inch drop rear <-------Slight Tuck (7ish mm inset, if you use a larger spacer it will risk destroying the flares on bumps)

Used a calculator that I made a couple years ago for the ST that can more accurately simulate setups with camber, wide body, different spec tires of the same "size" (ie. 235's) and more.
According to the reps at 1552 18x9.5 et 5 is what they recommend with the flares

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

That is some great info and thanks.... but spacers ... no thanks, I couldn't imagine the stress on the hubs with my wheels on 255s plus a 25mm+ spacer. I drive my car way to hard to stress components like that.

Again thanks for the info though! who knows maybe wide body and new wheels are a next step, problem is I love my wheels :\

1 - 16 of 16 Posts