Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,462 Posts
Thanks for the video reference, SSgt! The presenter in the video makes a passing reference to a product (or class of products) that will work to maintain the valve cleanliness if they are not yet dirty (or have already been cleaned). My 2017 has less than 20kmi, and I would guess that the valves aren't too dirty yet. Is there any sort of maintenance that will prevent them from getting dirty to begin with (other than a catch can)?
Catch can is your best bet, other than a WMI setup or Aux fuel.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,824 Posts
It's the BG induction cleaning service.
It's not a DIY.

You would be money ahead to media blast (walnut shell or soda), and/or manually clean the valves, invest in WMI and good catch can/s.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
676 Posts
Correct oil and good quality fuel helps, but the only real way to reduce it significantly is with a catch can.

·
Administrator
12,195 Posts
Welcome! I got a Red ST3 with 76k in January "I'm just going to keep it stock and drive it" i said:LOL:
Nothing worse, than blatantly lying to yourself. Lol

·
Registered
2016 ST3 Race Red
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I replaced the broken fog light grid and hardwired the DDPai Mini5 dashcam. Red ACC wire (turns on when the car is turned on) on Fuse 85 (moonroof) and Yellow VCC wire (always on) on Fuse 88 (not used). Works like a charm! I setup the "parking mode" to turn off once the battery reaches 12.4v to ensure the battery is not drained when the car is parked.

IMG_7576.jpg IMG_7650.jpg

IMG_7639.jpg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts