Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Focus ST Owner **Lots of pics**

Hello everyone, the name is Justin.
Just bought my new 2016 Focus ST ST3 package 1 month ago. This was my first purchase ever and I cannot be any happier with this car. My previous car is a VW GTI MKV Autobahn Pacakge with the DCT. I had the GTI for about 5 years all of college and modded it as well. For those who are familiar with the VW scene, it was modded on APR Stage 1 tune, KNN Intake, Forge Blow-off Valve, "custom exhaust" (sawed and cut the resonator and muffler= shots fired), H&R super sport springs, VMR wheels, Pilot Super sports, ceramic tints, Rockford Fosgate sub/amp and Pioneer Headunit. After selling my car to a person I know, I've moved to the Ford Scene and I'm completely new and learning about brands, tunes, etc.
I bought the ST with under 3 hours behind the wheel of a manual car and now I'm very comfortable driving one. In the process of learning how to heal-toe and brushing up my down-shift rev matching. After looking into the ST, I was amazed with the quality of the interior and loved it and at the same time, I wanted to try something other than German... Here's a pic dump of my GTI (Christina) and my Focus ST (Daenerys). I also detail my cars so the ST has been clayed, color correctioned, polished, sealed and waxed using 3D Products.

Already thinking of some mods for it in the future: Cobb Downpipe with Borla or Roush cat-back with Cobb Tune. Next is TurboSmart BOV.
*Thinking about mudflaps because this car gets really dirty and I hate dirt....

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Beautiful GTI! But I dare say you made the right choice moving to an ST ;)

Get yourself a pedal spacer for the accelerator, makes a world of difference and will probably make your heel-toe learning a lot smoother.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful GTI! But I dare say you made the right choice moving to an ST ;)

Get yourself a pedal spacer for the accelerator, makes a world of difference and will probably make your heel-toe learning a lot smoother.
Thank you! Yeah I was thinking of that too but I'm gonna keep brushing up driving manual until I do modifications with pedals.

Nice cars! Was your vw "high maintenance "?
No it was not actually. 1 change oil every 10k miles even at 100K miles $60. DSG Trans fluid every 50k miles $250. That's pretty much it. The expensive portion is when something breaks or malfunctions lol but that's a long story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts