Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I received my fmic today in this condition. It was just placed in a snug fitting box with protective foam on the inlet outlet side only. When it's packed like crap it will be banged up for sure no matter how many fragile stickers you put on it. In fact I think those stickers provoke them. What would you do?

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
So I received my fmic today in this condition. It was just placed in a snug fitting box with protective foam on the inlet outlet side only. When it's packed like crap it will be banged up for sure no matter how many fragile stickers you put on it. In fact I think those stickers provoke them. What would you do?
Man i just got one last week from steeda and fedex did the same to me.. it definitely didnt help that whoever packed it up in the shipping dept only used a few foam blocks to keep it from shifting in the box but nothing else to cushion impacts damaging the fmic.. i called steeda and the best thing they could do was tell me it could still be used and offered me a discount on my next order, I honestly doubt ill order from them ever again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man i just got one last week from steeda and fedex did the same to me.. it definitely didnt help that whoever packed it up in the shipping dept only used a few foam blocks to keep it from shifting in the box but nothing else to cushion impacts damaging the fmic.. i called steeda and the best thing they could do was tell me it could still be used and offered me a discount on my next order, I honestly doubt ill order from them ever again..

I'm going to contact them first with a link to this and give them the opportunity to correct it or I will post the name of the company. I'll say this much it was made here.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Steeda which gets shipped from CPE because they are the same intercooler made for Steeda lol. That sucks man mine was the same when it showed and yes I ordered a Steeda and it came from CPE

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm going to contact them first with a link to this and give them the opportunity to correct it or I will post the name of the company. I'll say this much it was made here.
They'll probably tell you since you ordered it during a sale to run it since its not effecting the performance of it and theyll give you a good deal on your next order like they did me.. I have absolutely lost all faith in Fedex, UPS and the worthless likes of the USPS. I feel like when a company puts a fragile sticker on a package it ends up getting beat to ****.. i cant tell you how many times ive bought stuff and it shows up half hanging out of the box and has to be sent back or refunded..

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
WOW! I received my Steeda FMIC today as well. I met the FedEx delivery gal at the front door. I also feared the worst when I saw the flimsy box. Thankfully, mine is intact and no signs of damage. I'm sorry to hear that others were not so fortunate. If you paid with PayPal (which I do whenever possible), you have a good chance of getting your money back. Mine shipped directly from Steeda.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hmm, seems that over time they skimped out. I was in the first batch of the lightweight intercoolers and at that time they fully covered the intercooler with expanding foam packaging to protect it from all sides. Really sucks to see the kinda thing happen. Hope it gets resolved.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Steeda which gets shipped from CPE because they are the same intercooler made for Steeda lol. That sucks man mine was the same when it showed and yes I ordered a Steeda and it came from CPE
Mine was the same , I emailed steeda and got additional money back and kept the intercooler

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine was the same , I emailed steeda and got additional money back and kept the intercooler
Hopefully the company responsible for shipping these will take this into account and start packaging them better because spending hard earned money for a beat up "new" part is ridiculous plain and simple!

·
Registered
207 Posts
My steeda also came banged up. They offered me $60 to keep it. I made them send me a new one. The second one came double boxed and better padded.

Reactions: Joshua

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I just received my FMIC, here are some pics. it may not even be comparable situation because I had other stuff i ordered from CJponyparts in the box. So I dont know who packed it, COBB or CJ, It was a COBB box though, either way packaging was fantastic.

COBB FMIC
Shipped by CJpony Parts
UPS. IMG_20170601_172352.jpg IMG_20170601_172512.jpg IMG_20170601_172521.jpg IMG_20170601_172552.jpg IMG_20170601_172833.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thats how something with substantial weight should be packed!! I bought my Cobb intake from CJpony and it was packed very well..

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Funny steeda which is really CPE apparently is coming so bad. I got a CP-E a few months ago and it was like the CJ pony box in the post above. Maybe CP-E is shipping them to steeda and steeda is then dropping the ball?

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Funny steeda which is really CPE apparently is coming so bad. I got a CP-E a few months ago and it was like the CJ pony box in the post above. Maybe CP-E is shipping them to steeda and steeda is then dropping the ball?
My Steeda came packaged in the same flimsy box as the others. Fortunately mine arrived unscathed. Oddly enough the downpipe I received from CJ Pony came in the most flimsy of a box as possible. Fortunately that arrived safely too, even though the tape was giving way, and the downpipe almost fell out the bottom of the box. I guess they're trying to save a buck on shipping.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts