Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to go the custom exhaust route to save money over paying a fortune for a CBE. I had a Midas shop do a resonater delete, which i have not been impressed with, barely noticible sound difference. I also purchased some universal burnt tips off amazon and had the same shop weld them on. Yes i know they stick out, but thats what i wanted, im very pleased with how the tips look.
So 40$ for the tips off amazon
200$ for the welding
Will probably do a catless downpipe for more sound eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also purchased some universal burnt tips off amazon and had the same shop weld them on. Yes i know they stick out, but thats what i wanted, im very pleased with how the tips look.
So 40$ for the tips off amazon
200$ for the welding
Will probably do a catless downpipe for more sound eventually.
Fake Ti tips? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. (Sorry, it's a JDM pride thing. I ordered my R-Magic FD exhaust in natural Ti and had to blue it myself by hitting the track hard.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah the resonator delete by itself won't give you much of a difference. I did a muffler delete and a higher flowing resonator and my car pretty much sounds equivalent to the Borla exhaust for our car. Tips look nice on the blue!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I like the tips but a catback is mainly for sound and performance gains. Depending on what you're looking to do with your ST performance-wise, you may end up having to get a catback eventually.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Staying stock turbo, from what the majority say on the forum stock exhaust flows fine for that. The stock muffler is a great drone inhibitor for anyone that wants to limit that. Honestly i could go for more rawness.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
i dig it. was thinking of doing the same thing. what inlet diameter did you get for the tips?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 inch inlet, which required the use of a coupler attatchment or adapter piece that they welded on first. Whats left after the stock tip is cut off is probably 1.5 inch so you may want to go smaller. My biggest worry was that the tips would not match up in height or direction, but the shop did a perfect job lining them up.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Thanks! (1.5 months later) i actually love the way it looks with the tips sticking out just a bit.
@Tschwartz what length did you get? I really like how it sticks out. this will be the next thing I do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts