Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just finished some side-jobs and want to spend some cash on my baby :) But i want some opinions first.

First off, i really want a new CBE.
I want what all others want i guess, not screaming-loud but i definetily want to hear it, especially while driving "normal" and not hitting boost etc.
Will the Milltek for example, be to quite?
Been looking at REMUS but cant find much at all about it, is it unusual in the states or just crap?

Lowering springs, pointless at 60k kilomoters? Better off upgrading the whole suspension?

Blow of walve thats not super loud? Want to hear it being a turbocharged vehichle, but i dont want to change from the oem dry filter :) Turbosmart?

And last i need some new brake pads, have read some terrible stories here about EBC, want to run some track-Days, OEM pads wore out in a lap haha.

All input is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
CNT V2 catback is a great sounding system for the money, otherwise Thermal R&D catback is a good choice for a little more money and has a cool looking tip.

Turbosmart Dual Port blow off valve is probably the quietest VTA valve you can get.

CX Racing coilovers are decent for $600.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
Borla, or Ford Racing are ones that I really like. Listen to as many youtube videos as possible lol

I have the turbosmart and I love it. Not obnoxious, but can be when you want.

I'd upgrade the entire suspension. As mentioned above CX racing coilovers, or Mountune clubsport and fairly cheap with good performance.

For brake pads, go with Hawk HPS. Good enough for daily driving, and will handle track days. HPS+ if you really want some hardcore track days often.

All my own opinion, but there are threads for each of the questions you've asked if you are looking for a lot of in depth information.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm in the same boat, just waiting for the first side job check to come in, but I'm more than likely going to get the Thermal R&D CBE. There's a promo code (THERMALR&D on panda motor works website) for $640 to your door right now. It has a unique tip that resembles factory instead of the usual circle pipes if you're into that like I am, and it has this second resonator where the muffler would be which appears to act purely as a sound absorber because you can see that no gas actually flows through it. It appears to be relatively new so there's only 2 videos on it right now, Thermal's video and the dude who they used did a rev video. Sounds good and not too expensive. The dude who's car they used is an uber driver and he said he still has a 4.8 rating or something like that and has received only compliments from his passengers also saying there's no drone. That goes a long way for me because that means all tastes have heard it and not complained about drone so even though drone is subjective, the fact that many have said it doesn't to me means that it doesn't

Reactions: Dexter

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Trust me, i wathed a whole lot of youtube! Same exhaust sounds like Worlds apart depending on mic, placement and video quality so its so damn hard man :/
Borla and Magnaflow both sounds awesome judging by videos, but cant find a european dealer.
Is the Ford Racing one from Steeda?

The Milltek gets a whole lot of praise but cant find one decent clip of one.. Strange :p
The exhausts i find here easily avaiable are Moongoose,Agenct Power, Cobb, Cobra, Dreamscience, Injen, Milltek, Mountune, Remus and Scorpion.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Should have clarified, the Ford Racing is Borla with an added resonator. I went off of youtube videos and I honestly was worried about the real sound, but I shouldn't have worried too much lol. Sounds great, no complaints. Just be weary of some that drone a lot. Mostly 3" systems

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks!

Trust me, i wathed a whole lot of youtube! Same exhaust sounds like Worlds apart depending on mic, placement and video quality so its so damn hard man :/
Borla and Magnaflow both sounds awesome judging by videos, but cant find a european dealer.
Is the Ford Racing one from Steeda?

The Milltek gets a whole lot of praise but cant find one decent clip of one.. Strange :p
The exhausts i find here easily avaiable are Moongoose,Agenct Power, Cobb, Cobra, Dreamscience, Injen, Milltek, Mountune, Remus and Scorpion.
Disclaimer: I have a stock exhaust still and do not have first hand experience, just forwarding on what I've read.

A guy in my local club has Agency and says it drones around 80mph cruising. @brian60 will tell you how absurdly loud the Borla is, not sure if he had one, but I've read more than one post by him saying it will rattle your bones. He's spoken highly of his MBRP catless system. Cobb I've read is loud as well. I've also read that the Greddy is quiet when needed and loud when wanted

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Disclaimer: I have a stock exhaust still and do not have first hand experience, just forwarding on what I've read.

A guy in my local club has Agency and says it drones around 80mph cruising. @brian60 will tell you how absurdly loud the Borla is, not sure if he had one, but I've read more than one post by him saying it will rattle your bones. He's spoken highly of his MBRP catless system. Cobb I've read is loud as well. I've also read that the Greddy is quiet when needed and loud when wanted
Yes, from all that I have heard both Youtube and in person alike Cobb turbo back systems and MBRP turboback (catless) systems are the 2 most incredible sounding systems to my ear. They sound mean and unlike a normal 4 banger. MBRP system is also cheap as all get out (can be had for under 700 bucks, downpipe and catback in 409SS PM me for details) but it may not have the quality control that Cobb does or the name. That said, I love it.

The Borla I experienced was just that...and WITHOUT a catless downpipe it was deafening. Did it sound badass? Yes...OUTSIDE of the car that thing screamed. A little rasp to it, not much. If you made it catless...yeah I'd off myself before owning that headache. However, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Ride in a car if possible with X or Y exhaust before making a definite decision or you'll be taking a shot in the dark. We all like different things, and sounds sound different to every ear. You might like crazy loud exhausts and might have owned some 1987 Camaro that was straight piped out the side and shattered windows when it rolled down the street...so maybe Agency Power or Borla is for you?

Edit: You're from Europe...that changes things a tad...shipping from the US kills and vice versa.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a Ford Racing exhaust, it has a good sound especially catless, but it is LOUD outside the car, inside its not as loud.

But even with reputable brand names you can get poor quality control. Id go with an MBRP if I were you, a few local guys here have them and they sound amazing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like you said, shipping from outside EU is horrible for a big exhaust im afraid.

Cant hear any exhausts in person either as its a rather rare car around here, just seen one besides mine and thats the Estate (Sweden is the Estate contry #1)

The Borla/Ford racing is almost twice the price of a non-resonated Milltek or Remus, same difference over there for you guys?
Cobb is also more expensive over the rest.

Cant find a dealer for the CX coils but will keep looking, read some good stuff about them.
How would they compare against the fixed mountune setup?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Like you said, shipping from outside EU is horrible for a big exhaust im afraid.

Cant hear any exhausts in person either as its a rather rare car around here, just seen one besides mine and thats the Estate (Sweden is the Estate contry #1)

The Borla/Ford racing is almost twice the price of a non-resonated Milltek or Remus, same difference over there for you guys?
Cobb is also more expensive over the rest.

Cant find a dealer for the CX coils but will keep looking, read some good stuff about them.
How would they compare against the fixed mountune setup?
Cxracing Damper CoilOver Suspension Kit For 2012+ Ford Focus ST 13-14 | eBay

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry i dont want to be that dude that askes a million questions and Never get to it, but i would really want your opinion on the exhaust.
The most important part would be the sound while daily driving. When getting on it, i like the sound but then im already having to much fun to care :)
Its the booring city driving, the drives with the family etc that needs some more deep good sound. Have plans on getting a catted DP in the future.
So is the Miltek almost stock quiet while going through gears slowly?
Maybe the Cobb is the better pic?
Will also get a resonator delete with the exhaust.

Also, what does "WOT" stand for?
Thanks

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Sorry i dont want to be that dude that askes a million questions and Never get to it, but i would really want your opinion on the exhaust.
The most important part would be the sound while daily driving. When getting on it, i like the sound but then im already having to much fun to care :)
Its the booring city driving, the drives with the family etc that needs some more deep good sound. Have plans on getting a catted DP in the future.
So is the Miltek almost stock quiet while going through gears slowly?
Maybe the Cobb is the better pic?
Will also get a resonator delete with the exhaust.

Also, what does "WOT" stand for?
Thanks

WOT... wide open throttle.

I have heard almost every exhaust on the market for these cars and I still like my Greddy exhaust the best. but exhaust note is just personal taste so

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ofc its personal taste, but its impossible to hear any exhsusts in person here :/ I THINK i narrowed it down to Injen or Cobb ?
Hard to find descent videos of the in car sound though, especially from the Injen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.