Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife asked me what gift I wanted for our anniversary (yeah she's great like that :) ) and I asked her if she could go halfies with me on a new exhaust. I've narrowed it down to two, AWE's track edition and Roush. They're not that far off as far as price and they both seem to sound nice with the AWE sounding a bit louder. I'm looking more for a nice exhaust sound that any gains since I've got plenty of that already (Stage 2 custom tune) so wanted to ask for opinions on which one to get. Also, if anyone can suggest alternatives around the $600 price, I'm all ears :) Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So my wife asked me what gift I wanted for our anniversary (yeah she's great like that :) ) and I asked her if she could go halfies with me on a new exhaust. I've narrowed it down to two, AWE's track edition and Roush. They're not that far off as far as price and they both seem to sound nice with the AWE sounding a bit louder. I'm looking more for a nice exhaust sound that any gains since I've got plenty of that already (Stage 2 custom tune) so wanted to ask for opinions on which one to get. Also, if anyone can suggest alternatives around the $600 price, I'm all ears :) Thanks.
I have a catless Roush on my car. Had it for about 2+ years that way. I would say that they sound about the same (from YouTube videos of the awe and hearing mine every day). I’d say go Roush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
The AWE Track will be loud. I'm saying this because I have the resonated Touring edition, and that gets fairly loud at WOT. My system originally came with the non-resonated midpipe, it was very loud. So if you want to be heard, I can recommend the AWE, however, I have never heard the Roush in person.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I installed the MBRP Pro Series (https://www.cjponyparts.com/mbrp-ca...pro-series-3in-focus-st-2013-2017/p/S4200304/) behind a catless DP almost a year ago and have been loving it. Noticeable without being annoying and has no drone at highway speed. But it is a touch over your $600 “budget.”

IMO the Roush was too loud and from what I’ve listened to on YouTube the AWE can be the same way. However, if that’s more of what you’re looking for, I’d go with the AWE.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not sure where you are located, but if you don't have to worry about salty roads in the winter, this is what Id go for. MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System Aluminized Series 3" Focus ST 2013-2017. One of the vendors here is having a sell on it right now and it can be had for just north of $400...when I saw just north, I mean under $410, just don't recall the exact amount. Id be all over it, however in the past 3 weeks I've purchased way more then my financial advisor is on board with...lol.

Edit:

Here's the link to the vendor sale here. http://www.focusst.org/forum/vendor-deals/46698-mbrp-group-buy-special-cfm-performance.html

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Not sure where you are located, but if you don't have to worry about salty roads in the winter, this is what Id go for. MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System Aluminized Series 3" Focus ST 2013-2017. One of the vendors here is having a sell on it right now and it can be had for just north of $400...when I saw just north, I mean under $410, just don't recall the exact amount. Id be all over it, however in the past 3 weeks I've purchased way more then my financial advisor is on board with...lol.

Edit:

Here's the link to the vendor sale here. http://www.focusst.org/forum/vendor-deals/46698-mbrp-group-buy-special-cfm-performance.html
I can get him a stainless version for cheaper probably if he wants to shoot me a PM :cool: @fst_karter

And probably an aluminum in the 3xx range

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Brain60 just sent you a PM. I was considering MBRP before but they seem to be on the quieter side of things. I'm not planning on getting a DP so I need something that would sound great out of the box and not worry about having to modify or not like it down the road because it's not loud enough.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Is that offer only good for the OP?
@Brain60 just sent you a PM. I was considering MBRP before but they seem to be on the quieter side of things. I'm not planning on getting a DP so I need something that would sound great out of the box and not worry about having to modify or not like it down the road because it's not loud enough.
Sent y'all a reply :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts