Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Interested in this New Ethanol Gauge?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have been in touch with a local friend of mine who makes some parts for the Fiesta ST and also does some tuning for them. He wants to start working into the Focus ST world as well and he has asked me to throw out a feeler for a custom Ethanol gauge. I will attach a picture of the prototype he sent me below. Please let me know if this is something the community might be interested in so he can continue his Research and Development.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,422 Posts
I could think of some uses for this. Just make the front solid so it can be universal.

Reactions: booST94

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have been in touch with a local friend of mine who makes some parts for the Fiesta ST and also does some tuning for them. He wants to start working into the Focus ST world as well and he has asked me to throw out a feeler for a custom Ethanol gauge. I will attach a picture of the prototype he sent me below. Please let me know if this is something the community might be interested in so he can continue his Research and Development.
View attachment 385216
I would be interested in a complete plug and play solution; Lost Boys used to sell one but discontinued it before I could make the purchase. All fittings for the fuel lines/sensor were factory friendly and no cutting needed.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would be interested in a complete plug and play solution; Lost Boys used to sell one but discontinued it before I could make the purchase. All fittings for the fuel lines/sensor were factory friendly and no cutting needed.

This is one I was going to get, but using a E85 app and testing every few months has worked out fine. I mix for E33 with Strats tune

Reactions: ddfred

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts

This is one I was going to get, but using a E85 app and testing every few months has worked out fine. I mix for E33 with Strats tune
The only problem with that is that I would have to come into the 21st century and buy a smart phone.:(

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
The only problem with that is that I would have to come into the 21st century and buy a smart phone.:(
Thats funny, you could buy a cheap used tablet/phone and use wifi to get the app and only use BT.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts
Thats funny, you could buy a cheap used tablet/phone and use wifi to get the app and only use BT.
That's a solution I may be able to live with; I don't want a phone that does anything but make phone calls. I refuse to be a mindless face buried in their phone wandering out into traffic idiot...I have enough issues already!

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it will be a complete plug and play set up very similar to the one he is currently making for the Fiesta ST’s, attached is the link for that.

2014-2019 Ford Fiesta ST Ethanol Content Gauge

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts

·
Administrator
9,674 Posts
Why so YOU can break your car even faster lol
Lol, well would get me to 450whp. As far as I want to take the stock block.

Would be fun, or force me to assembly the 8 grand in internals i have, in my spare block.

Its a win/win.

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts
Lol, well would get me to 450whp. As far as I want to take the stock block.

Would be fun, or force me to assembly the 8 grand in internals i have, in my spare block.

Its a win/win.
Here in Kansas we may only have 91 octane, but we have corn on every corner!

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have it for two years. It also has a 5v output to hook to a standard gauge.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
That printed part wont work for all ST's. My center looks like this, no little cubby:

I would love the read out and plug play everything else but i would probably stash it in my center console or glovebox...

Cool, didnt know this one was out there. Was looking at the Lostboys but then they disappeared. I really only want to check it after refueling so i can verify im close to my target

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
My ST2 has the cut out, climate control, sun roof, Recaro’s
FBD5E085-4CB6-4C9D-ACAC-8619602E6245.jpeg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts