Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Not sure if anyone has ran into this themselves but here goes. My 2014 ST needed a new engine so I picked up one from a 13 escape. Intake was swapped over from the old engine as well as the oil cooler. Got the new engine in and went to start up and it runs extremely rich / poorly and threw codes for just about everything on the engine harness. MAP sensors, MAF, Crank position, cam sensors, turbo sensor etc.. sorry I don’t have a list of all the codes. I ran out of time to go back through the harness to double triple check everything got plugged back in, but that’s what I’m going to do the next time I work on it. As far as I know the two engines should be the same but maybe the sensors on the escape engine are different and there’s a communication issue with the PCM or ECU? Any suggestions would be amazing!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
From previous post I’m pretty sure your supposed to use the ST crank position sensor Ill see if I come across that post

·
Registered
183 Posts
I very recently swapped a ford escape motor into my car due to some cyl head issues, first things first. Bleed your clutch, the only way to bleed these without some bleeder tool is to gravity bleed it. And the crank sensor has to be from your ST motor along with you using the crank sensor alignment tool. Other than that it should start right up after a couple cranks to push fuel through.
that’s the post im referring to

1 - 3 of 3 Posts