Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So @NicolaST helped me install the breedt quick shift arm today and it went really smoothly! I went with position 3 and I love it. It feels like more than a 25% reduction and with my @AnarchyMotive heavy weight shift knob it really has changed the way this stick feels. So glad I got this installed today!

image-2915429265.jpg

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've been looking into getting a short shift plate. Is it really that big of a difference?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been looking into getting a short shift plate. Is it really that big of a difference?
I have this installed with the 40% reduction, it's a huge difference in feel - you can feel it click into gear almost. I'd recommend this over the shift plates but to each their own.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have this installed with the 40% reduction, it's a huge difference in feel - you can feel it click into gear almost. I'd recommend this over the shift plates but to each their own.
Isn't the picture posted showing a shift plate? If not, what's the difference between shift plates and arms? Cuz it looks like a plate to me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The plate attaches to the oem shift arm. The breed t completely replaced stock arm.
My noob is showing. So that actual piece is called the shift arm. I was under the impression that the actual shift arm was in fact a shift plate. And the shift arm was the shaft part the shift knob attaches to. But that makes sense now I guess.

·
Registered
715 Posts
@dillidawg @BADWOLF so what's the difference between the arm and plate? I looked into both those links provided and saw that they both reduce throws.

·
Registered
350 Posts
@dillidawg @BADWOLF so what's the difference between the arm and plate? I looked into both those links provided and saw that they both reduce throws.

I have both, the Cobb shift plate, and the Breedt arm.. Currently the Breedt is on, I ran the Cobb plate for a couple weeks maybe before I got the arm in.. The plate has a little more force needed to shift, but to me feels much "tighter" and "smoother" the plate is stupid loud though. Like a loud thump especially going into 2nd or 1st and not as bad in 3rd..

The arm looks much better and has more adjustability in it.. It feels "notchy" but still nice. I put the "" because these are my opinions of both products.. I've had the plate for sell for a couple weeks, no one has bit at it, so I'm installing it and selling the arm.. Both work, I like both, so I'm not going to be disappointed switching back to the plate.. In fact it feels a bit tighter then the arm, so I may end up being happier in the long run with the plate

I will say, having that nice looking billet arm there is a huge plus though

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have both, the Cobb shift plate, and the Breedt arm.. Currently the Breedt is on, I ran the Cobb plate for a couple weeks maybe before I got the arm in.. The plate has a little more force needed to shift, but to me feels much "tighter" and "smoother" the plate is stupid loud though. Like a loud thump especially going into 2nd or 1st and not as bad in 3rd..

The arm looks much better and has more adjustability in it.. It feels "notchy" but still nice. I put the "" because these are my opinions of both products.. I've had the plate for sell for a couple weeks, no one has bit at it, so I'm installing it and selling the arm.. Both work, I like both, so I'm not going to be disappointed switching back to the plate.. In fact it feels a bit tighter then the arm, so I may end up being happier in the long run with the plate

I will say, having that nice looking billet arm there is a huge plus though
Are you still willing to sell the plate or are you for sure putting it back on?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Are you still willing to sell the plate or are you for sure putting it back on?
I'm fine with selling it.. It's in its original box. I just don't need both and I see people buying up the Breedt arm quick so that's why I was switching back.. They both are great.. I liked the shifter, but kept seeing reviews about how awesome the Arm is so that's why I bought it.. After install.. I won't say disappointed, because that's not the word, just maybe thought it was going to be that much more dramatic of a change and it wasn't..

I'll PM you with the sales thread.. I'm not trying to derail this thread as much as it already is..

I just wanted to say I have had both and they are evenly matched to me..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts