Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Too bad there will only be 1500 made for North America, cant imagine the markup they will see. I like the blue, not a fan of the Race Red, looks like burnt orange.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The markup is probably gonna bring this car to 50k. It's a sweet car, but the markup for essentially just an LSD and forged wheels looking only at performance stuff isn't worth it imo over a non limited RS. I think this is just over hype. Over 50k is some serious money and for an RS is ridiculous

·
Registered
289 Posts
And I hadn't realized the RS in general was a limited run. It stops production in 2018 :(. I was going to upgrade down the line. I'm going they just mean production will stop on the current model because the new one is hitting production?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
And I hadn't realized the RS in general was a limited run. It stops production in 2018 :(. I was going to upgrade down the line. I'm going they just mean production will stop on the current model because the new one is hitting production?

I thought they meant that THIS generation was ending. And a new generation will be released with the new gen Focus/Fiesta

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The markup is probably gonna bring this car to 50k. It's a sweet car, but the markup for essentially just an LSD and forged wheels looking only at performance stuff isn't worth it imo over a non limited RS. I think this is just over hype. Over 50k is some serious money and for an RS is ridiculous
Yeah, 50k is stupid money for an RS.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I read it as they are only making the limited edition in 2018. I dont imagine they bring the RS as a whole back for only a year and a half.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I thought they meant that THIS generation was ending. And a new generation will be released with the new gen Focus/Fiesta
Its my understanding that they make the RS during the final 2ish years of the focus generation and then stop until near the end of the next gen.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sticker after dealer markup here in SoCal is 59
Holy ****.. If you can afford that, you might as well buy an Audi TTRS or something in that tier. That's just stupid.

And as much as I love the Nitro blue and I like the idea of only 2 colors for the limited edition, the nitro blue isn't really a limited edition if that color is offered on a non standard model. For example, the BRZ has a Yellow edition which has some extra trim stuff I think and that's what makes it special. Any sap with a rattle can of plastidip, fake limited badges, and a free Saturday afternoon can make his standard nitro blue RS look the same as the limited from 100yds

·
Registered
381 Posts
Now I'm reading this, and again wondering if the end is near.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

2018 is the last chance to get a mk3 RS. Considering how limited they are your best chance technically will be to pick up any unsold 2017 unless you like paying a ton over.

It is highly unlikely there will be a RS (or ST) model right away for the mk4 Focus platform. There may be a year or two again before we see either. Who knows though, with the RS finally brought to the states it's not like we can completely go on the past.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They were trying to get 50,000+ less than a year ago for the standard RS and now you can get them for 35-36000. I mean, how much is a LSD for crying out loud!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts