Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, check out this video and announcement I got to be part of!

Ford is very excited to share some Focus RS news with you today. In fact, we wanted to make sure we shared this news with you, our beyond brilliant fans and enthusiasts, first before anybody else.

Over the last year, the Ford team has been keeping a close watch on various blogs, Facebook groups and forum threads. We noticed that a lot of you have made suggestions and even created your own renderings of what a new Focus RS could look like, and what equipment you would like it to have made available.

So, for the 2018 model year we are very excited to be introducing a limited-edition Focus RS into the U.S. and Canada with several additions inspired by enthusiasts' recommendations.

In fact, we secretly invited some of you out to Utah to meet Ken Block and to come and see what the new model is all about. Check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wz4ObDSQlo&feature=youtu.be

Ford.com will be going live with the full details tomorrow, and we will be hosting a Live Q&A with the Focus RS team on our Official Ford Performance site at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time (ET).

Thank you all for your continued support, suggestions, enthusiasm and fun! We love you all!

The Ford team

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
If you thought the markup on the standard RS was bad, you might want to hold onto something.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you thought the markup on the standard RS was bad, you might want to hold onto something.
Going for 59-65k around here after 15k dealer markup hahahaha I dont know why anyone would pay that.. my jaw dropped when i saw the sticker prices at Sunrise Ford in Fontana, Ca. You could get sooo much more car for far cheaper. Before GM ended the SS production this last March you could get into one of those for 50k and that is far more bang for your buck! Who doesnt love a 420hp ls3 4door ?!? You could throw a few grand into mods and easily still be cheaper than an RS..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Going for 59-65k around here after 15k dealer markup hahahaha I dont know why anyone would pay that.. my jaw dropped when i saw the sticker prices at Sunrise Ford in Fontana, Ca. You could get sooo much more car for far cheaper. Before GM ended the SS production this last March you could get into one of those for 50k and that is far more bang for your buck! Who doesnt love a 420hp ls3 4door ?!? You could throw a few grand into mods and easily still be cheaper than an RS..

Now add a "limited edition" badge on it, say RR is only getting 1500 examples in the US and use 3 simple letters...LSD. Wonder how much that will add to that 59-65k figure.

Reactions: fordboi415

·
Registered
153 Posts

Haha! Sunrise Ford calls me almost every weekend

Sunrise: "We are ready to make a deal"
Me: "How much"
Sunrise: "Only 5k over sticker! There is a lot of demand!"
Me: "You have had 20 on the lot since January"
Sunrise: "Come in and let us work something out"

Those dudes are crazy is they think I'm going in there to get $15K on my ST and then pay MSRP for an RS..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Haha! Sunrise Ford calls me almost every weekend

Sunrise: "We are ready to make a deal"
Me: "How much"
Sunrise: "Only 5k over sticker! There is a lot of demand!"
Me: "You have had 20 on the lot since January"
Sunrise: "Come in and let us work something out"

Those dudes are crazy is they think I'm going in there to get $15K on my ST and then pay MSRP for an RS..
I was there on Easter sunday and their showroom was filled with RS as well as a couple sitting just outside. id wait and get one after the new ones come out.. can probably get it for under msrp.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The RS's around here me are still going for $2,500, but you hear of lots that have multiples going for MSRP or below. I really hope dealers dont try and gouge too much for the '18's.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Reports on the RS forums say one dealership will already try to sell it for 20k over. Not a chance in hell dealerships won't try and milk as much as they can out of it. With their being a limited amount they won't screw themselves in the long run as bad as they have with the standard RS.

The whole ADM thing has been amusing, if anything. Many of the dealerships who were charging ADM but can no longer sell for that price have been slowly dropping their price to "realistic" prices. Plenty have made shill accounts on the RS forums claiming to be the "good guys" who "just want RSs out in the wild" and yet three weeks earlier they were charging 5k over. They may have made their short term profits with ADM but it's starting to catch up. A lot of people no longer have interest in the RS because of the prices not to mention current RS owners have been spoiled on buying Fords. But hey, at least they got an extra 2.5k! Yes, there is such a thing as "supply and demand" and right now there is way more supply than any artificially created demand and on top of that they have ruined their business image.

You can find RS' for at or below invoice these days if you are still interested. Your local dealerships may not be willing to deal but an hour or two drive won't kill you to save thousands.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Honestly, I'm not that impressed. I mean the LSD is a nice addition, but otherwise its just cosmetics. I'd like them to release a RS500 or maybe that is yet to come. And instead of red they should have gone with the Lime green of the previous gen RS.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Reports on the RS forums say one dealership will already try to sell it for 20k over. Not a chance in hell dealerships won't try and milk as much as they can out of it. With their being a limited amount they won't screw themselves in the long run as bad as they have with the standard RS.

The whole ADM thing has been amusing, if anything. Many of the dealerships who were charging ADM but can no longer sell for that price have been slowly dropping their price to "realistic" prices. Plenty have made shill accounts on the RS forums claiming to be the "good guys" who "just want RSs out in the wild" and yet three weeks earlier they were charging 5k over. They may have made their short term profits with ADM but it's starting to catch up. A lot of people no longer have interest in the RS because of the prices not to mention current RS owners have been spoiled on buying Fords. But hey, at least they got an extra 2.5k! Yes, there is such a thing as "supply and demand" and right now there is way more supply than any artificially created demand and on top of that they have ruined their business image.

You can find RS' for at or below invoice these days if you are still interested. Your local dealerships may not be willing to deal but an hour or two drive won't kill you to save thousands.
This. If you can't find an RS below MSRP these days, you're not trying too hard.

·
Registered
917 Posts
What I wanna know is when are they gonna unveil the 2018 Focus ST?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I couldn't imagine spending 50K and still saying I have a Ford Focus! On the standard RS side they are going for $2500 under sticker price here in NE Pa. At least I'v seen them advertised online for that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
There was another thread about this when it was announced. Nitro blue on a limited edition RS is stupid because it's already offered on a standard, there's nothing limited about it. They should have thrown back to Tangerine Scream from the beginning of this generation ST. For the prices these will be marked up to, you're better off getting an Audi TTRS

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
There was another thread about this when it was announced. Nitro blue on a limited edition RS is stupid because it's already offered on a standard, there's nothing limited about it. They should have thrown back to Tangerine Scream from the beginning of this generation ST. For the prices these will be marked up to, you're better off getting an Audi TTRS
The original idea for Tangerine Scream was beautiful.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The RS, limited edition or not, is still rare to me - I must be the only person that hasn't seen one "in the wild" yet. I guess I could always go to the Ford dealer to see one, but I haven't seen any on the road.

I agree with the sentiment above - outside of the front LSD, the "limited edition" features seem kind of lame, or at least they don't do much to make the car any more unique than a normal RS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts