Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Magnetic 2017 ST1 Tuesday evening and have been loving it ever since. I most recently came from a 2014 Focus SE, which I bought because it was cheap and was planning on picking up some sort of weekend toy. I liked the 2014 Focus but it was killing me not driving a manual every day. Before the 2014 Focus I had a 2015 WRX. I really enjoyed the WRX, but everything about it was expensive and it seemed a little too fragile once you started modding, and even more expensive to fix if something broke. I have also owned several Mustangs and would someday like to have one again as a weekend car, but I get to enjoy myself in the meantime with the ST!

Nick

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I picked up a Magnetic 2017 ST1 Tuesday evening and have been loving it ever since. I most recently came from a 2014 Focus SE, which I bought because it was cheap and was planning on picking up some sort of weekend toy. I liked the 2014 Focus but it was killing me not driving a manual every day. Before the 2014 Focus I had a 2015 WRX. I really enjoyed the WRX, but everything about it was expensive and it seemed a little too fragile once you started modding, and even more expensive to fix if something broke. I have also owned several Mustangs and would someday like to have one again as a weekend car, but I get to enjoy myself in the meantime with the ST!

Nick
I tried to PM you this but youre inbox seems to be full? or maybe not set up?

Once again welcome to the forum!

Just a bit of caution when modding our cars. There's a few weak points on the vehicle that I think you should know about. Engine mounts are terrible but simple to upgrade esp. the rear motor mount. When beating on the car the engine moves a whole 1/4(maximum) of an inch from time to time, rear motor mount can resolve it.
Ringlans, our engines run HOT due to direct injection. Lots of heat! internally ringlans are the weak point so be careful with big turbo, NOS and tuners. I recommend WaterMethenol with a tune by Alex Stratfield (if you get this far)
Things start to rattle after a few years (normal for manuals)

Do no let what I warned you about bog you down. The car is fun, and a great daily driver.
Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Weston Freeman~

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to PM you this but youre inbox seems to be full? or maybe not set up?

Once again welcome to the forum!

Just a bit of caution when modding our cars. There's a few weak points on the vehicle that I think you should know about. Engine mounts are terrible but simple to upgrade esp. the rear motor mount. When beating on the car the engine moves a whole 1/4(maximum) of an inch from time to time, rear motor mount can resolve it.
Ringlans, our engines run HOT due to direct injection. Lots of heat! internally ringlans are the weak point so be careful with big turbo, NOS and tuners. I recommend WaterMethenol with a tune by Alex Stratfield (if you get this far)
Things start to rattle after a few years (normal for manuals)

Do no let what I warned you about bog you down. The car is fun, and a great daily driver.
Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Weston Freeman~
I'm not sure whats going on with the PM as I've sent and received one already.

Thanks for the info! I've been reading up and researching and a RMM is probably one of my first mods. I'm going to try to stay close to stock for as long as I can manage though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.