Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Just took delivery of a MM 2017 FoST last night, not too sure on the FoST lingo yet, traded in my last DD Veloster Turbo. Was a fun car and it treated me well for 4 yrs. was time to move on as viable (IMO) ECU tuning availability never really caught on. Heck my 600hp Evo VIII and Forester XT combined were completely dialed in for the cost of a bench tune for the VT where you have op n the case and flash it with probes on circuit boards pins

So COBB AP on the way. Will do some exhaust work, charge piping, and a Garrett Core FMIC. Full tune, found a couple remote tuners that specialize in the FiST/FoST “Freektune” for instance. As well as I have a couple friends that work laptops for a living across multiple platforms. I do some tuning EVO/Subaru myself however with this platform I’ll probably stick with a tuner that tunes these cars specifically.

Just got the car home last night and it’s in the garage, going to install one of the couple Dual OCC’s set ups I have first, and read around on hear a bit to determine what else may behoove me to do prior the the first of many tunes.

Last car was also GDI so I know Dual OCC’s usually a set colder plugs and LSPI combatant oils are always good practice. I used Motul Xcess GDI oil in my last car. I know Amsoil has certified a bunch of their line as LSPI combatant now too so. I can get either next day so I’ll read around on everyone’s swear by and choose the best for this Application.

Cars Engine, Trans, and Turbo will all be CERMA treated for cleanliness and longevity. To each their own, I was also a sceptic and even bashed it as another Snake Oil until myself and friend began using the product for ourselves. No I’m not Affiliated in any way just a consumer.

Looking forward to this new DD like the Navigation and features

Needs a wash but here she is in my garage

06B82766-AF17-47A6-9EC0-9F745EF833DD.jpeg
508054D6-8774-4FDA-B70C-C346EB6B96D6.jpeg

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Greetings from the Netherlands

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Congrats on not wasting any time LOL!

You're worse than me, did a resonator delete less than 24 hours after picking my car up from the dealer.

Sounds like you have done your homework. OCC's ASAP is a VERY good idea on our engine. I installed a PCV side OCC at 2k miles and already had a decent amount of oil in my intake.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Hello all,

Just took delivery of a MM 2017 FoST last night, not too sure on the FoST lingo yet, traded in my last DD Veloster Turbo. Was a fun car and it treated me well for 4 yrs. was time to move on as viable (IMO) ECU tuning availability never really caught on. Heck my 600hp Evo VIII and Forester XT combined were completely dialed in for the cost of a bench tune for the VT where you have op n the case and flash it with probes on circuit boards pins

So COBB AP on the way. Will do some exhaust work, charge piping, and a Garrett Core FMIC. Full tune, found a couple remote tuners that specialize in the FiST/FoST “Freektune” for instance. As well as I have a couple friends that work laptops for a living across multiple platforms. I do some tuning EVO/Subaru myself however with this platform I’ll probably stick with a tuner that tunes these cars specifically.

Just got the car home last night and it’s in the garage, going to install one of the couple Dual OCC’s set ups I have first, and read around on hear a bit to determine what else may behoove me to do prior the the first of many tunes.

Last car was also GDI so I know Dual OCC’s usually a set colder plugs and LSPI combatant oils are always good practice. I used Motul Xcess GDI oil in my last car. I know Amsoil has certified a bunch of their line as LSPI combatant now too so. I can get either next day so I’ll read around on everyone’s swear by and choose the best for this Application.

Cars Engine, Trans, and Turbo will all be CERMA treated for cleanliness and longevity. To each their own, I was also a sceptic and even bashed it as another Snake Oil until myself and friend began using the product for ourselves. No I’m not Affiliated in any way just a consumer.

Looking forward to this new DD like the Navigation and features
Welcome to the club.... thought your name looked familiar... haha

Reactions: Gsrdude

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Welcome! You made the right choice, that is...until you post pictures for us to confirm you have an ST for us to admire :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts