Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks. I just picked up my Focus ST1 last week and I'm loving it so far. Only have 250 miles and I'm babying it for the first 1000 (yes, this a hot topic but I've decided to follow the manual).
I've already gotten the huskey floor mats.

IMAG0601.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome from the Netherlands

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried the member map but it's sort of clumsy and user activity is spotty so I'll take a stab in the dark and ask if there is anyone on here from the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill North Carolina area?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sharp car. Congrats. I was torn between Kona Blue and Magnetic. Ended up with KB but would have been happy with either. I need to get those mats too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mats are actually really great. They fit well and have already caught a bunch of dead leaves, dirt, grass etc. The stock floor mats seem to attract dirt quite easily.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! Love the color! Get you a high quality oil catch can, and a valve cover breather by CFM before you start getting on it...you'll thank me later when you have a cleaner running engine with healthier oil rings and cleaner intake valves. Enjoy!
At this point I'm very cautious about extra mods because of warranty issues. This is my first new car and I would be hesitant to put an oil catch can. Yes, it's good for the engine but who knows if Ford would come back if there is failure and blame it on that part. I'm currently looking at maybe an RS airbox for just a 'cosmetic' mod for more turbo sound.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something like an OCC isn't a warranty violating item. You should feel out your local dealership if you are gonna have them help you maintain your car. See what they say about that. Law is that they have to prove that an item you put on caused a defect or warranty issue...but with that said, some dealerships don't see it that way or do it that way. As yours and find out for sure how friendly they are. You may be able to do more than you imagine. If you look down on my signature at all my items I've done to my '17 ST, you will only see 1 item that my dealership deems a violation of my warranty...I know because I asked them. Hint, hint, its the tune.
[/QUOTE]

I don't see your signature. What OCC do you currently use? I see most will require a sound symposer delete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts