Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up y'all, joined a while back to research these cars and years later I came back around to these.

Recently picked up a 2015 ST3 last week as a daily. I've been driving a lot lately and my Tundra has been killing me in fuel. That and I wanted something not as "simple" and had heated seats so an ST3 was a must.

Really liking this thing so far. The low and mid range torque really make the car fun to drive and I averaged 30mpg on the way home so that was a nice change. The car is far from perfect, but I got it for a decent price and have a couple things on order to bring it up to par. So far I've got these parts either picked up or ordered:

-18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams +43 (had these on a 2015 Civic Si I had a while back and loved them)
-New take off Goodyear Eagle F1 235/40's
-CVFab Catted Downpipe
-JBR front end links (have a loose one on the front left)
-Mountune brake kit with OEM rotors and their mountune pads
-Turbosmart 50/50
-JBR symposer delete that I'm going to route to the BOV
-NGK 6509's
-OEM Cabin air filter

I think that's it. I do want to find a set of H&R springs, CPE Stage 2 RMM, RS airbox with new air filter, ESP IC and maybe an AP, but those are pretty much the plans for the car and to just drive it. Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Oh, the stock premiums will also be up for grabs once the new setup arrives.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
178 Posts
What's up y'all, joined a while back to research these cars and years later I came back around to these.

Recently picked up a 2015 ST3 last week as a daily. I've been driving a lot lately and my Tundra has been killing me in fuel. That and I wanted something not as "simple" and had heated seats so an ST3 was a must.

Really liking this thing so far. The low and mid range torque really make the car fun to drive and I averaged 30mpg on the way home so that was a nice change. The car is far from perfect, but I got it for a decent price and have a couple things on order to bring it up to par. So far I've got these parts either picked up or ordered:

-18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams +43 (had these on a 2015 Civic Si I had a while back and loved them)
-New take off Goodyear Eagle F1 235/40's
-CVFab Catted Downpipe
-JBR front end links (have a loose one on the front left)
-Mountune brake kit with OEM rotors and their mountune pads
-Turbosmart 50/50
-JBR symposer delete that I'm going to route to the BOV
-NGK 6509's
-OEM Cabin air filter

I think that's it. I do want to find a set of H&R springs, CPE Stage 2 RMM, RS airbox with new air filter, ESP IC and maybe an AP, but those are pretty much the plans for the car and to just drive it. Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Oh, the stock premiums will also be up for grabs once the new setup arrives.
View attachment 399305
Welcome! If you pass another black ST that revs at you, it might be me 😎

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Figured I'd weigh the old and new to see what the savings are. I was actually hoping for quite a bit more, but I think a wore tire may weight quite a bit less than a new one so it's tough to compare apples to apples. 5lbs per corner is still very worthwhile especially for what I paid for everything.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the Mountune brake kit installed yesterday. Didn't realize how bad the old brakes truly were. Not sure if it's that combined with a possibly more aggressive pad, but this thing stops in a hurry now. We are getting snow here right now so the car is FILTHY. Taking it to spray it off at some point today:
Automotive tire Tire Tread Locking hubs Wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Aircraft Tire

JBR end links installed. I adjusted them to the factory length as I'm still on the stock springs as of now. It's definitely nice to have that clanking noise gone of the old end link that was loose
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Nut

Installed the ebay 6k fog light bulbs as well so now have matching or really close to matching headlights and fogs. Before
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Wheel Grille

After
Car Vehicle Grille Wheel Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been racking my brain on which intercooler to get over the past couple weeks. I was trying to find a balance between cost, size, quality, color (really wanted a black one) and mountability. After reading several reviews on here I was pretty set on the ESP IC as many said the quality was a lot better than some of the others like depo, whoosh, etc. After seeing those only came in the 3.5" thickness and wanting something with a little room to grow I decided I had to have something that was in the 4.25-4.5" thickness. After buying a CVFab downpipe and seeing the quality of it I then switched to thinking I'd just scoop one of theirs and paint it black.

I was doing some browsing on ebay last week when I found a Mishimoto in black for $399 +$37 in shipping. At first I thought there had to be something wrong with it as these are usually $680 new, but after running the part number and talking to the seller I decided to pull the trigger. Sure enough it showed up yesterday brand new in the box. Checked all the boxes and got it for almost as cheap as any IC on the market. I don't anticipate it will be any time soon for the installation of this thing due to the poop weather here in Ohio, but excited to get this thing installed.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Asphalt

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've been racking my brain on which intercooler to get over the past couple weeks. I was trying to find a balance between cost, size, quality, color (really wanted a black one) and mountability. After reading several reviews on here I was pretty set on the ESP IC as many said the quality was a lot better than some of the others like depo, whoosh, etc. After seeing those only came in the 3.5" thickness and wanting something with a little room to grow I decided I had to have something that was in the 4.25-4.5" thickness. After buying a CVFab downpipe and seeing the quality of it I then switched to thinking I'd just scoop one of theirs and paint it black.

I was doing some browsing on ebay last week when I found a Mishimoto in black for $399 +$37 in shipping. At first I thought there had to be something wrong with it as these are usually $680 new, but after running the part number and talking to the seller I decided to pull the trigger. Sure enough it showed up yesterday brand new in the box. Checked all the boxes and got it for almost as cheap as any IC on the market. I don't anticipate it will be any time soon for the installation of this thing due to the poop weather here in Ohio, but excited to get this thing installed.

View attachment 400259
View attachment 400258
dang i’m jelly! beautiful piece at a good price!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got a set of hub rings for the car this week and got those put on. The hub bore size on the wheels are 73.1mm as Konig makes these to fit as many platforms as possible. That's a pretty significant difference vs the 63.4mm hub bore size these cars have so these should really help prevent any vibrations:
Wheel Tire Locking hubs Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake

1 - 20 of 44 Posts