Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up y'all, joined a while back to research these cars and years later I came back around to these.

Recently picked up a 2015 ST3 last week as a daily. I've been driving a lot lately and my Tundra has been killing me in fuel. That and I wanted something not as "simple" and had heated seats so an ST3 was a must.

Really liking this thing so far. The low and mid range torque really make the car fun to drive and I averaged 30mpg on the way home so that was a nice change. The car is far from perfect, but I got it for a decent price and have a couple things on order to bring it up to par. So far I've got these parts either picked up or ordered:

-18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams +43 (had these on a 2015 Civic Si I had a while back and loved them)
-New take off Goodyear Eagle F1 235/40's
-CVFab Catted Downpipe
-JBR front end links (have a loose one on the front left)
-Mountune brake kit with OEM rotors and their mountune pads
-Turbosmart 50/50
-JBR symposer delete that I'm going to route to the BOV
-NGK 6509's
-OEM Cabin air filter

I think that's it. I do want to find a set of H&R springs, CPE Stage 2 RMM, RS airbox with new air filter, ESP IC and maybe an AP, but those are pretty much the plans for the car and to just drive it. Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Oh, the stock premiums will also be up for grabs once the new setup arrives.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,837 Posts
Welcome!! I spy an SN cobra in the garage!

·
Registered
2016 ST2
89 Posts
Welcome. Quite a few Ohioans on here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JBR Links and symposer delete showed up today. These are some super beefy links. It'll be nice to not hear that clunk anymore
Wood Recorder Flute Nickel Metal

·
Registered
79 Posts
What's up y'all, joined a while back to research these cars and years later I came back around to these.

Recently picked up a 2015 ST3 last week as a daily. I've been driving a lot lately and my Tundra has been killing me in fuel. That and I wanted something not as "simple" and had heated seats so an ST3 was a must.

Really liking this thing so far. The low and mid range torque really make the car fun to drive and I averaged 30mpg on the way home so that was a nice change. The car is far from perfect, but I got it for a decent price and have a couple things on order to bring it up to par. So far I've got these parts either picked up or ordered:

-18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams +43 (had these on a 2015 Civic Si I had a while back and loved them)
-New take off Goodyear Eagle F1 235/40's
-CVFab Catted Downpipe
-JBR front end links (have a loose one on the front left)
-Mountune brake kit with OEM rotors and their mountune pads
-Turbosmart 50/50
-JBR symposer delete that I'm going to route to the BOV
-NGK 6509's
-OEM Cabin air filter

I think that's it. I do want to find a set of H&R springs, CPE Stage 2 RMM, RS airbox with new air filter, ESP IC and maybe an AP, but those are pretty much the plans for the car and to just drive it. Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Oh, the stock premiums will also be up for grabs once the new setup arrives.
View attachment 399305
Welcome! If you pass another black ST that revs at you, it might be me 😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Figured I'd weigh the old and new to see what the savings are. I was actually hoping for quite a bit more, but I think a wore tire may weight quite a bit less than a new one so it's tough to compare apples to apples. 5lbs per corner is still very worthwhile especially for what I paid for everything.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
707 Posts
I am technically in Goshen. Right on the Goshen / Loveland border. Just a bit north east of Blue Ash. I used to live off Hunt Rd many years ago.
Nice, she loved in Loveland for a while before moving up to Michigan with me. I loved blue ash and the surrounding area. Your ST looks nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts