1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
TSB 16-0025
2.0L GTDI - MAY EXPERIENCE IDLE SPEED DIPS - POSSIBLE MIL - DTCS P2610 AND/OR P08B9
Publication Date: February 26, 2016

FORD: 2015-2016 Focus
ISSUE:
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory.
ACTION:
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.

·
Registered
201 Posts
TSB 16-0025
2.0L GTDI - MAY EXPERIENCE IDLE SPEED DIPS - POSSIBLE MIL - DTCS P2610 AND/OR P08B9
Publication Date: February 26, 2016

FORD:2015-2016 Focus
ISSUE:
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory.
ACTION:
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.
I believe this is the TSB people have had and reported no change, some even had their PCM replaced and still have the issue...

Reactions: Darkdayz23

·
Registered
201 Posts
This fixed it for me. They also did a trans shutter TSB as well. Not sure what the number is, but that might of been the issue as well.
What year is your car? What was done for the trans concern?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I believe this is the TSB people have had and reported no change, some even had their PCM replaced and still have the issue...
That's strange, never heard of it not working.

Mine does it so rarely that I have never bothered taking the time to go to the dealer to have it done. It doesn't hurt anything when it does it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's strange, never heard of it not working.

Mine does it so rarely that I have never bothered taking the time to go to the dealer to have it done. It doesn't hurt anything when it does it.
Same here have no plans to go in for it. Mine became less frequent as of late when the weather cooled down. But yeah there is a whole thread on this where people reported the TSB not working.
http://www.focusst.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1260282
I am trying to work with my tuner to improve idle quality since I am tuned I think the TSB would be pointless to do if I flash right over it again.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Same here have no plans to go in for it. Mine became less frequent as of late when the weather cooled down. But yeah there is a whole thread on this where people reported the TSB not working.
Is your car randomly stalling or is it idling wierd...read this - Page 233
I am trying to work with my tuner to improve idle quality since I am tuned I think the TSB would be pointless to do if I flash right over it again.
That's not the same issue that is addressed by the TSB.

The idle dip that the TSB is designed for will not cause the engine to stall.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, it seems like the thread has been hi-jacked again with other sundry issues. The back hatch opening at less than 4 mph is pretty lame, who hits the latch button at that speed? Tried this on my '15 ST (08/15 build date) today, and sure enough, at slow speed the latch will release if the button is pushed. Not something I'm going to worry about, the less monkeying Ford does with the car the better off you are.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Well, it seems like the thread has been hi-jacked again with other sundry issues. The back hatch opening at less than 4 mph is pretty lame, who hits the latch button at that speed? Tried this on my '15 ST (08/15 build date) today, and sure enough, at slow speed the latch will release if the button is pushed. Not something I'm going to worry about, the less monkeying Ford does with the car the better off you are.
Yup I bought a RR ST2 yesterday and they wouldn't let me take delivery of it today even though I completely own it now. Pretty pissed. Tried talking them into multiple illicit things such as "it just disappearing'' from the lot "i picked it up before the recall"

anyone know when the dealers will get this BCM software update bs?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes but it only does it when it's hot, and the A/C is on. It seems to do it more in stop and go traffic on a warm day too.
I notice it when I'm in car line at my sons school which happens to be right at 2pm, in south Florida, so that completely makes sense...

·
Registered
558 Posts
I notice it when I'm in car line at my sons school which happens to be right at 2pm, in south Florida, so that completely makes sense...
It is most likely your AC compressor kicking on that causes this. This is a small 4 banger and that compressor causes a serious draw when turning on and off.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.