Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all , so I have a 2013 focus st it has roughly 94k on it, It has a intake & a catback, I just bought a ap yesterday & I’ve installed the stage 0 tune cause I don’t have a tune ready atm, I have been monitoring cyl 3 & 4, when I cruise in 6th gear I sometimes get a consistent -1.75 all the way to -4 & it’s not a blip, it’s there & it keeps going until I let off gas, just cruising at 60ish mph , I use sunocos “94” gas idk if that’s a problem or if my motor is just going to crap.. any insight would help out, thanks in advance guys

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I had this same issue. It's false knock. Mine turned out to be a combination of a loose RMM and the downpipe bracket with a failing purge valve. It still throws a few negatives only on one stretch of bumper road cruising at 65 on a very slight uphill.
But you should definitely still check your plugs and other things to make sure you're all good.

Reactions: Thatblack_St

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had this same issue. It's false knock. Mine turned out to be a combination of a loose RMM and the downpipe bracket with a failing purge valve. It still throws a few negatives only on one stretch of bumper road cruising at 65 on a very slight uphill.
But you should definitely still check your plugs and other things to make sure you're all good.
Yeah I noticed it was on a slight uphill , I had another focus prior to this on a stratified tune, & I never got them on a uphill or really at all, so it scared me lol

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Yeah I noticed it was on a slight uphill , I had another focus prior to this on a stratified tune, & I never got them on a uphill or really at all, so it scared me lol
Yeah, I had some instances where it got up to -6. Scared me for a bit too.
Stratified is no where near as sensitive as stage 0 from what I heard.
As long as you don't get negatives at WOT you should be good to go.

Reactions: Thatblack_St

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I had some instances where it got up to -6. Scared me for a bit too.
Stratified is no where near as sensitive as stage 0 from what I heard.
As long as you don't get negatives at WOT you should be good to go.
I had some at wot but I believe they were from me shifting , but I did a 3rd gear pull 2,500 to almost redline & no negatives, I have a vid but don’t know how to post

·
Vendor
577 Posts
Stock calibration will hover between -4/+4 under normal driving. At wot you want them between -2 / +4

There is no issue unless you are maxing negative corrections at -8 for the majority of the time.

Cobb Ots and protuners who work from ots cuts knock retard in half and the oar learning isnt how OEM works due to modified oar borderline and knock retard rates.

Our calibrations use traditional factory octane learning and knock retard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock calibration will hover between -4/+4 under normal driving. At wot you want them between -2 / +4

There is no issue unless you are maxing negative corrections at -8 for the majority of the time.

Cobb Ots and protuners who work from ots cuts knock retard in half and the oar learning isnt how OEM works due to modified oar borderline and knock retard rates.

Our calibrations use traditional factory octane learning and knock retard.
This makes me feel so much better coming from someone who tunes these cars, thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Yeah the stock tune is really really REALLY safe, the thing pulls boatloads of timing all the time. The logic you apply when looking at timing on aftermarket tunes doesn’t work when looking at the stock tune.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Regarding your loose RMM...

Could you move it around with your hand? How were you able to determine it was loose?

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Regarding your loose RMM...

Could you move it around with your hand? How were you able to determine it was loose?
Took it off and changed it out. Corrections went away.

Reactions: beretta96
1 - 14 of 14 Posts