Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I revved my car today & I looked at my ap & my cyl 4 was at -0.50.. I reset it , did it again a few hours later & same exact thing ! & I did it another time & it was good , but I’m sure it will do it again. any suggestions ?! Thanks.
mishimoto fmic
Catback exhaust
Cpe intake
Cobb ots stage 1 tune.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,421 Posts
A -.5 correction is not anything to worry about. If you're seeing stuff in the -1.5 or more for negative corrections then your fuel is probably garbage and you need to feed it higher octane.

BTW, get a better intercooler ASAP. The factory one is lousy when it comes to keeping the charge air temps down.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I revved my car today & I looked at my ap & my cyl 4 was at -0.50.. I reset it , did it again a few hours later & same exact thing ! & I did it another time & it was good , but I’m sure it will do it again. any suggestions ?! Thanks.
mishimoto fmic
Catback exhaust
Cpe intake
Cobb ots stage 1 tune.
You should read more about ignition corrections.

What they mean, and during what events are they relevant, before you go crazy over nothing.

I think stratified has some good info on their blog.

Also this stuff has been covered here, probably a hundred times already. This forum was started in 2012, so there's 8 years of questions, answers, reasearch, development on here.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts
You should read more about ignition corrections.

What they mean, and during what events are they relevant, before you go crazy over nothing.

I think stratified has some good info on their blog.

Also this stuff has been covered here, probably a hundred times already. This forum was started in 2012, so there's 8 years of questions, answers, reasearch, development on here.
You rang?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A -.5 correction is not anything to worry about. If you're seeing stuff in the -1.5 or more for negative corrections then your fuel is probably garbage and you need to feed it higher octane.

BTW, get a better intercooler ASAP. The factory one is lousy when it comes to keeping the charge air temps down.
I listed my mods at the end of my thing, I just installed a mishimoto intercooler last night!

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,421 Posts
I listed my mods at the end of my thing, I just installed a mishimoto intercooler last night!
Sorry... Can I blame missing it on the fact I wrote that before coffee this morning? :sleep::sleep::sleep:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts