Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down here in Florida our gas is pretty darn good, hardly ever see any negative corrections. Swapped into one step colder plugs about 15k miles ago after going stratified, nothing but positive corrections day in and day out. But, recently starting seeing negatives showing up, nothing crazy, up to -1.0 but consistently popping up as I drive a lot of miles. Do you think that it's time to swap another set of plugs in? Even tried a few different gas stations and even with the e30 tune or the normal 93 tune it stays pretty constant of a negative corrections daily. I know boosted cars go through plugs a lot quicker than NA cars, but wanting a second opinion before I spend the money. Thanks and boost on!

·
Registered
462 Posts
It'll cost you little more than time to pull your plugs and check gap. Likely you are out of gap, which our engines are sensitive to. You may beable to re-gap them, but in all fairness, replacing them now means you do not have to pull them again much sooner because they've gone out of spec again

(the nature of the electroplated plug, lots of initial wear resistance, followed by none)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done, Thanks guys

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Time will tell, will update in a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts