Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Focus ST in with a lot of modifications. I live in Tampa, Fl. I wondering what dealership and service advisor to take my car too that won't bust my balls about the mods and cover the car under warranty?

·
Registered
311 Posts
What kind of mods? General advice is to return it to stock for any items that could be claimed by the dealer to have caused your warranty issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depo 5.5" FMIC, MRBP catless downpipe, Steeda Cold intake, Accessport, Steeda oil separator, Magnaflow resonator.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
What warranty work domain need done?

·
Registered
506 Posts
The dp and AP will be the most likely thing the dealer will claim as the problem if it is anything engine related. The other stuff is gray area. What type of issues are you having with the car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After WOT the car dumps smoke out of the exhaust. I've heard of oil seals in the turbo being the cause. The car has 20k on it. I'm going to drop the down pipe later on and see if it's wet or greasy in the turbine housing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After WOT the car dumps smoke out of the exhaust. I've heard of oil seals in the turbo being the cause. The car has 20k on it. I'm going to drop the down pipe later on and see if it's wet or greasy in the turbine housing.
Hoo-boy.

Yeah, you're in for some fun with that one. ANY of that, they can point to and say it caused too much stress on the turbo and so no warranty for you.

I'd start putting it all... ALL.. back to stock before taking it back or you could be in for it.

-Hinoki

·
Registered
506 Posts
A stock turbo is less than $200 slightly used. So if the dealer says its your fault then just pick one up and DIY. Probably a big project

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
A stock turbo is less than $200 slightly used. So if the dealer says its your fault then just pick one up and DIY. Probably a big project
Just skip the dealer and buy the used turbo, maybe make a friend who can help you install it, but with your mods even if you remove them the damage is done, there is evidence of the modification even when you think you were thorough at putting everything thing back together. If they look and aren't stupid it will stand out like a sore thumb. You took a risk to make more power through modifications, own it, embrace it, love it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hoo-boy.

Yeah, you're in for some fun with that one. ANY of that, they can point to and say it caused too much stress on the turbo and so no warranty for you.
This concerns me a bit. I have an FMIC on order, I don't have any intention on doing much more nor am I looking to get a tune. I'm getting the FMIC because in the height of summer down here in SoFla, the existing FMIV tends to succumb to serious heat soak and the car just feels gutless. I'm hoping that the new FMIC will be less susceptable to heat soak and keep charge temps down to a reasonable amount, especially in the summer time.

I'm not sure how an FMIC without an associated tune could ever be considered a warranty voidable activity.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
and knows it is very unlikely you are prepared to go to court to argue the point .....

·
Registered
209 Posts
This concerns me a bit. I have an FMIC on order, I don't have any intention on doing much more nor am I looking to get a tune. I'm getting the FMIC because in the height of summer down here in SoFla, the existing FMIV tends to succumb to serious heat soak and the car just feels gutless. I'm hoping that the new FMIC will be less susceptable to heat soak and keep charge temps down to a reasonable amount, especially in the summer time.

I'm not sure how an FMIC without an associated tune could ever be considered a warranty voidable activity.
That's a very easy thing to switch back to stock with and no one would know. it leaves no trace behind.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a 2015 Focus ST in with a lot of modifications. I live in Tampa, Fl. I wondering what dealership and service advisor to take my car too that won't bust my balls about the mods and cover the car under warranty?

And if you are look g for a used turbo I am selling the stock turbo with 24k miles on it for 150$ plus shipping

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I won't need a turbo. Thanks though. I checked both the turbine and compressor side of the turbo and found no oil. I removed the dp and unmarried the Accessport. I found out I left the breather tube from the valve cover to intake off. I did 4-5 WOT pulls and got no smoke. I saw that I left off the tube and reinstalled it and now I have a ton of smoke after WOT pulls again. I'm guessing it's my PCV valve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts