Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 now with DSR1 and amp

So I have time tonight to install the rear speakers and tweeters, I am all ready to go but not sure how to wire in the speakers. looking at the wiring diagram it appears the rears are crossed over. I understand I need to wire in the new cross over from the wires that are tied in below.

What two wires go to the + side of the speaker

What two wires go to the - side of the speaker

wire diagram st.jpg

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
looking at the harness as pictured, the right side is positive. the diagram show it as the white/green wire (the green/brown wire runs up to the tweeter from the same terminal) if you look at the back of the OEM speaker, you can see which terminal has a "+" on it.

you want to run from that harness into the crossover, then from that crossover to the woofer and the tweeter.

what I did, was to cut the cone and basket off of the speaker, and since I didnt need any crossovers, I soldered the new tweeter right to the terminals on for the old speaker. I then had to run a new speaker wire for the woofer to run off of.

also if you are going to use that part of the OEM speaker as a spacer/adapter, you will want to cut/break off that small raised edge on the outer edge, it will interfere with the new speaker mounting flat. I just grabbed the edge with a set of pliers and gavce it a little twist to keep snapping it off all the way around.

IMG_20171010_190434.jpg
IMG_20171011_135654.jpg
IMG_20171011_150037.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts